Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is the obsession with having a left footed right winger? I understand it's easy for them to cut inside a la Suso, but that isn't everything.

What is the obsession with having a left footed right winger? I understand it's easy for them to cut inside a la Suso, but that isn't everything.
For Carlo’s 442 out of possession/352 in possession formation, if we stick with it, think we’ll be looking at an out and out winger on the right

For Carlo’s 442 out of possession/352 in possession formation, if we stick with it, think we’ll be looking at an out and out winger on the right
I would rather we played a 4-3-1-2 tbh, 3 in the midfield would get the best out of Gomes, would not have to worry about signing a winger, Iwobi behind the front 2 would suit him more. We could just concentrate on bringing in a couple of good midfielders and a right back

I would rather we played a 4-3-1-2 tbh, 3 in the midfield would get the best out of Gomes, would not have to worry about signing a winger, Iwobi behind the front 2 would suit him more. We could just concentrate on bringing in a couple of good midfielders and a right back
I agree with this but we'd have to overhaul the squad massively to get to a point where we could do that.

I agree with this but we'd have to overhaul the squad massively to get to a point where we could do that.
In his defense, IN THEORY, we wouldn't have to. He has Iwobi as the 10 there which, I kind of agree, he's not bad at. He's got the 2 up top which, again, suit them. He has the defense which is pretty ok(still wouldn't mind a new keeper mind you). The only issue would be the 3 part where we would need 2 absolute ballers in midfield. We have, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst midfield in the league. Just get SOMEONE in there athletic and able to understand how the game works and we would be competent.

For the starting XI I think we would absolutely need a RB and at least 2 CMs assuming Gbamin isn't ready right away. But then we also would need a second #10, a fourth striker and who knows how much in midfield. And I don't think Baines can be a LB in that system at this point. Also I think only Iwobi really suits it as far as the wide players go so you'd have to move some of them on and figure out what to do with Gordon. It is just a lot of things to figure out.

Edit: @riddick I forgot to click reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.