Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact that Ancelotti said ‘you’ll have to ask him’ (if he’s joining) suggests that this ain’t happening. If it was happening he (Ancelotti) would give it the ‘I don’t talk about other teams players’ but it sounds like Ancelotti is resigned to the fact that he’s chosen elsewhere.

Middle of April.

Surely we aren't still in for him? If it was done in King's eyes, it must've been close but that was ages ago.

No smoke without fire, most likely Koulibaly out and Gabriel in for Napoli.

I've watched a lot of Lille the last few years (they've been boss and admittedly I'm a huge fan of Pepe who was boss for them), and he looks the real deal.

Ligue 1 is weird though. Not all players come out of it any good - look at Bakayoko, Lemar etc.

What can’t understand us why Lille haven’t been more successful in recent years seeing as though they have about 3 superstars to sell every transfer window.

What can’t understand us why Lille haven’t been more successful in recent years seeing as though they have about 3 superstars to sell every transfer window.
To be fair they finished 2nd last season and 4th this season (Albeit in an incomplete league). That’s pretty decent for any French side that’s not PSG.

also if you sell all your good players For financial reasons It’s probably difficult to sustain success.

Take your point though.

Never know this could be Everton being super snides.

“terms done, let’s wait for the market to crash, and you’re in”.

Imagine Everton being Crafty lol

To be fair they finished 2nd last season and 4th this season (Albeit in an incomplete league). That’s pretty decent for any French side that’s not PSG.

also if you sell all your good players For financial reasons It’s probably difficult to sustain success.

Take your point though.

That is exactly the point I have been making on other threads about our club and folk saying if we get a good offer sell Digne, Richarlison, Holgate etc.

Maybe our offer is on the table, accepted by Lille but the player is waiting for a CL club to come in, that’s why Carlo said ‘ask him’

Status
Not open for further replies.