Anyone else feeling damn positive?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are reasons to be positive but I think we have to keep our feet firmly planted. The team is a bit of a mess still I think, we're lacking quality in a lot of positions, and while good management might cover that in the short term, in the long term we're likely to regress to the mean unless we significantly improve the quality of the squad. What Ancelotti is doing at the moment is similar to what Allardyce did (don't start, i'm not comparing them as managers) in that he's just gone back to basics and is taking it one game at a time looking to get results. Getting men behind the ball, defending deep, and aiming to nick a goal from a set piece or break is fine at the moment, it's absolutely the best way to get results with these players, but it won't get us anywhere in the long run. It can lead to a bit of a false picture being painted, because trying to get results by being positive is a lot harder, and that's what we need to do if we want to progress. If we back him with the right players I have no doubt Ancelotti will get results; over to you Marcel.

Last edited:
A point off Europe and one of the form teams

Could Carlo actually take us from relegation to europe in one season?

There we are, don't bother with getting your hopes up with positivity, 50 games away at the top 6 without a win now. We've had one of the best bosses ever going to the worst Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea and spurs sides in decades and still lost them all, yet teams like wolves come up and start winning at these places from the off. Abysmal.

It's still a bit like Carlo is making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He keeps making encouraging noises as you'd expect but he must know half that team aren't up to challenging for the CL however you mix them up.
Big business must be done in the market.
He's a great manager. I'm positive.

Tightening things up at the back is fine. So is deploying unimaginative tactics to achieve this. But be warned, unless Carlo delivers improved results from the KO next season he'll quickly come under pressure.

The only positive thing is that we have Carlo Ancelotti in charge.

The owner(s) need to dig deep and give Carlo every £ to allow him to fix this mess of a team

Positively thinking;
if Carlo leaves, then Digne and Richarlison also go, I could live the dream and be good enough to get in that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.