Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he can do vastly more from the outside than he can from the inside.

The 30m naming rights deal highlights that more than anything.
Our *prestige would be vastly increased if he was our official owner. Yes or No?

Wrong choice of word, our standing in 2020.

Thats up for debate.

Hes seen as a very successful businessman, but he's also seen as a shady oligarch who is in Putins inner circle.

I mean Ancelotti met him prior to joining, so we still get his prestige.
It's an odd situation. Whoever it is pulling the strings needs to dig deep for Carlo.

Fella I know works in media, but does lots of presenting/mc work on the side.

Let slip the other day he has been mc at Moshir's Birthday party for the last several years in Monaco. The party is always thrown by Usmanov and they are "absolutely inseparable, whatever they do they do it together."

Not exactly a source, just additional insight.

Well sticking your name on a training ground is hardly a shirt or kit sponsor is it, which are traditionally your 'big' revenue in terms of sponsorship.

Bit like United having an 'official coffee partner', not going to be worth as much as the Chevrolet or Adidas deal is it.
15m a season isn't it? More than the shirt or main sponsor deal

Well he can do vastly more from the outside than he can from the inside.

The 30m naming rights deal highlights that more than anything.

Don’t really agree with that he could vastly do more on the outside he can come in and completely finance the stadium as that’s no issue with FFP as it’s infrastructure , we can get a naming rights sponsor whose not USM and then we have a huge figurehead . No doubt he’s behind the scenes but given his history upfront with arsenal can’t see why he’s staying behind the scenes . Is he keeping a lower profile because of the way putin is portrayed in the media now than he was a few years ago , that’s the only reason I can see

Edit : just seen your “shady businessman “ post , maybe that’s it but he’s been here before so don’t think he’d be given too much scrutiny .

Fella I know works in media, but does lots of presenting/mc work on the side.

Let slip the other day he has been mc at Moshir's Birthday party for the last several years in Monaco. The party is always thrown by Usmanov and they are "absolutely inseparable, whatever they do they do it together."

Not exactly a source, just additional insight.
Makes you wonder

Thats up for debate.

Hes seen as a very successful businessman, but he's also seen as a shady oligarch who is in Putins inner circle.

I mean Ancelotti met him prior to joining, so we still get his prestige.

ancelotti meeting him - is the key here why would he meet him if he’s nothing to do with Everton?

For a cup of tea?

And nxt thing carlo is manager

Nothing has happened recently that I have read to suggest Usmanovs "role" is more prominent.

The hope is that it is all tied to the stadium, and he would formally invest either when it is near to completion or finished.

If that ever came to pass, it would be majority ownership through another new holdings company, much like how Moshiri operates now. Moshiri could retain the limelight as the "face" of the ownership with perhaps a much more complicated structure underneath.

Usmanov is certainly involved, but not to the extent that would make the difference financially and strategically.

It was significant that he appeared to have a meeting with Ancelotti prior to him taking over. To me that suggests assurances were sought and given over what level of resources would be available over the medium-term at least. I think Ancelotti sees himself here over the duration of his contract and beyond but realistically doesn't expect to go on a sprending spree in the short term, whilst the stadium gets underway and football adjusts to the covid environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.