2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see why he’s been slagged off here.

Not his fault, Richarlison goes off, and we changs shape (correctly), but basically meant he was playing off scraps the rest of the game.

Hes not going to be a 20 goal a year striker and needs to play In a two for me, but him and Richarlison could be a boss partnership if we can keep hold.

Not his fault, Richarlison goes off, and we changs shape (correctly), but basically meant he was playing off scraps the rest of the game.

Hes not going to be a 20 goal a year striker and needs to play In a two for me, but him and Richarlison could be a boss partnership if we can keep hold.
He's really not a million miles away though. I don't know if it will ever happen, but it isn't that much of a stretch.

As for the has to play in a two part, I don't think that is true. But he and really no one can play completely isolated and that is largely what he was after Richarlison went off and when Silva was the manager. If we played 4-3-3 but had the wingers actually up the pitch it would be fine I think.

He is on 15 goals to be fair.

There is a decent chance he will get close to 20.

And, more Importantly, get 4 or 5 decent midfielders behind them.

Same old, same old.
He was running towards goal, got into penalty box and waiting for tackle instead of shooting.
Against Norwich, he tried his luck everytime outside the box lol

He's good enough to be a squad player and nothing more - hilarious seeing some whip themselves into a frenzy trying to pretend because he has 13 goals 1 season out of 3 at the club that it means he's suddenly prolific and on the verge of being a top striker :oops:

He's really not a million miles away though. I don't know if it will ever happen, but it isn't that much of a stretch.

As for the has to play in a two part, I don't think that is true. But he and really no one can play completely isolated and that is largely what he was after Richarlison went off and when Silva was the manager. If we played 4-3-3 but had the wingers actually up the pitch it would be fine I think.

He really isn't that far off. Once again he's had a season with 3 managers, and very mixed, defensive tactics, and I think he's not doing bad within that contecxt. last 2 years a write off with so many changes, this year much better, and now Ancelotti and Big Dunc means we can really judge people this year.

He's not like a striker who will score worldies or fancy goals but if he heads and taps in a few that's great, we need it. Plus his defensive and running game is great.

He's good enough to be a squad player and nothing more - hilarious seeing some whip themselves into a frenzy trying to pretend because he has 13 goals 1 season out of 3 at the club that it means he's suddenly prolific and on the verge of being a top striker :oops:

Mate you bang on about this so often and its so unjust.

In previous seasons he was a young striker, often playing on the wing, or even at effing wing back!

You cant genuinely expect him to have bagged many goals in those circumstances can you? But you use it as a stick to beat him with constantly.

Not many teenage strikers get a high amount of goals in the prem

Mate you bang on about this so often and its so unjust.

In previous seasons he was a young striker, often playing on the wing, or even at effing wing back!

You cant genuinely expect him to have bagged many goals in those circumstances can you? But you use it as a stick to beat him with constantly.

Not many teenage strikers get a high amount of goals in the prem
He treats a young player getting better like a bad thing. It's bewildering.

Thought he put in a real shift in that 2nd half, was doing the job of 2 men trying to be an outlet for us when Richarlison went off.

He's been playing well for the team since the restart just need him to bag a goal soon and he'll be flying again.

Exactly!

I could understand his argument if DCL had played 5 seasons for us and scored 13 in his 3rd season before going back to single figures in his 4th and 5th....but thats not the case!

The fact that his goals tally is increasing every year is quite obviously a good sign
Unlike Tosun who cost a ruddy fortune and cant rap a bag of cement.........

Status
Not open for further replies.