Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you can have an opinion and of course you can express it. But it's just incredible that any tiny set back immediately becomes a chance for everybody to say "I knew it! We're still terrible! Just watch! We lose this now! Vault me! I know better than Carlo Ancelotti about game management!"

Why not just state an opinion like "I think we will lose this" instead of an absolute statement?

There are people on here and all they do is tell everybody everything they hate about Everton, everything that makes them mad and nothing they get out of following Everton.
Why do you care so much? Everton haven’t given people any reason to believe and until they do many people will be guarded and always expect the worst.

Anytime we do get a bit of momentum going and the belief starts then they ultimately let the fan base down.

People have different opinions and different ways of caring for the club. Deal with it and move on.

Quoting posts from an emotional rollercoaster game is beyond pathetic.

Very good result against the team in third place; really good set up and application. I can honestly say that everyone played their part in the result. I was worried we'd get over-run through the middle but Gomes and Siggi did well in first half. They made changes and Carlo responded. Three points secured, more confidence gained and on to the next one - COYB

Honestly, reading back through this thread after their goal went in is utterly embarrassing. As soon as the goal goes in the mentality switches to pure panic and doom and gloom. I'm so glad we're playing the last few games behind closed doors as it'll give this limited team a chance to gel and without the unnecessary pressure from fragile fans who can't control their emotions. People don't like to hear it but the doom and gloom attitude displayed in here around the time of the goal is part of the problem. We have a proper manager in charge now who knows how to set a team up, so trust him, and don't be so quick to scoff at him bringing on an extra midfielder or defender if he thinks that's what's needed.

It's almost as if some want us to lose so they can say "I told you so, we're terrible lad. I told yer! Same old Everton!"

Here's a few posts before I got bored.

We duly apologise holy one. We shall queue up round your golden shrine at the morrow, approach your pedestal and kiss your ring (from a distance of 1m) in an act of utmost remorse.

Why do you care so much? Everton haven’t given people any reason to believe and until they do many people will be guarded and always expect the worst.

Anytime we do get a bit of momentum going and the belief starts then they ultimately let the fan base down.

People have different opinions and different ways of caring for the club. Deal with it and move on.

Quoting posts from an emotional rollercoaster game is beyond pathetic.

I'm happy to agree to disagree.

I just think that if you care about something constantly telling the world you hate everything about it (this isn't directed at you, by the way) is an odd way to show it.

You have a nice evening.

I'm happy to agree to disagree.

I just think that if you care about something constantly telling the world you hate everything about it (this isn't directed at you, by the way) is an odd way to show it.

You have a nice evening.
Or they love the club and hate some of the people associated with it e.g. players who aren’t good enough to play for their club.

Have a good evening.

Table since Carlo took charge of 1st game v Burnley

1593640520908.png

Honestly, reading back through this thread after their goal went in is utterly embarrassing. As soon as the goal goes in the mentality switches to pure panic and doom and gloom. I'm so glad we're playing the last few games behind closed doors as it'll give this limited team a chance to gel and without the unnecessary pressure from fragile fans who can't control their emotions. People don't like to hear it but the doom and gloom attitude displayed in here around the time of the goal is part of the problem. We have a proper manager in charge now who knows how to set a team up, so trust him, and don't be so quick to scoff at him bringing on an extra midfielder or defender if he thinks that's what's needed.

It's almost as if some want us to lose so they can say "I told you so, we're terrible lad. I told yer! Same old Everton!"

Here's a few posts before I got bored.
Stop acting like some superfan you bellend

How on earth did we manage to win that match? I had to leave half way through the second half and it looked like we were going to get tanked.

Status
Not open for further replies.