Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win. Not a great performance after the first twenty which was good, but then going up two nil early on probably meant we had to manage it. Still would like to see us keep the ball better and not to sit so deep but still you can't argue with three points against Leicester who dominated the ball. A shout for Gordon who looked bright, Keane was solid and Digne had a decent first half. Three points were all that mattered and Carlo got his tactical switches spot on.

Tony Cottee
For me, Leicester were the better team. Their final ball wasn't there again though. Things didn't go to plan in the first 15 minutes and it's a bitter disappointment in the end.

Sure it’s been said, but I’ve just got on and haven’t read anything... imagine if Silva was still in charge, we’d have lost that 4-2

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers: "We were very good in the second half. We’re disappointed with the start, it’s something that has crept back into the game. We gave away a soft goal, but I thought the penalty was harsh. It took so long to be given. We had to change it to get ourselves in the game and we were much better. We set out to start with that tempo and we didn’t do that. We had enough of the ball but it ended in disappointing.

"I assume the responsibility for the results. That’s what I’m here to do. We’re in a strong position. We still have it within our hands to achieve what would be a dream for us. Since we’ve come back we’ve not got the performance right. The second half was better. We need to win on Saturday."

On Everton's penalty: "I think it was so harsh. We’ve had so many of those that we haven’t had this year. It was difficult to go behind with that. It wasn’t clear and obvious."

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers: "We were very good in the second half. We’re disappointed with the start, it’s something that has crept back into the game. We gave away a soft goal, but I thought the penalty was harsh. It took so long to be given. We had to change it to get ourselves in the game and we were much better. We set out to start with that tempo and we didn’t do that. We had enough of the ball but it ended in disappointing.

"I assume the responsibility for the results. That’s what I’m here to do. We’re in a strong position. We still have it within our hands to achieve what would be a dream for us. Since we’ve come back we’ve not got the performance right. The second half was better. We need to win on Saturday."

On Everton's penalty: "I think it was so harsh. We’ve had so many of those that we haven’t had this year. It was difficult to go behind with that. It wasn’t clear and obvious."

It was a certain penalty. Wise up Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.