2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester- all the hipsters go on like Kante won them the title when it was Drinkwater doing hollywood balls often to Vardy & Mahrez who were on fire.

If you think having 2 top class goalscorers is a BAD thing then you optimise the Americanisation of football.
But they still had a world class midfielder in the team. Not to mention that Mahrez wasn't a striker either. But even ignoring that it doesn't really fit your "two strikers and nothing else matters" philosophy if the example requires ignoring that the team did have a world class midfielder too.

But they still had a world class midfielder in the team. Not to mention that Mahrez wasn't a striker either. But even ignoring that it doesn't really fit your "two strikers and nothing else matters" philosophy if the example requires ignoring that the team did have a world class midfielder too.

But Liverpool didnt

So again your arguing yourself in circles trying to connect the dots that are not there.

The top teams have the best goalscorers end of discussion - go find me a team who's forwards do nothing but run the channels who are successful.

But Liverpool didnt

So again your arguing yourself in circles trying to connect the dots that are not finished.

The top teams have the best goalscorers end of discussion - go find me a team who's strikers do nothing but win the channels who are successful
I concede that the RS team didn't. I'm asking you for another example, which you don't have. You're arguing for us to chase something that is a complete outlier and unlikely to happen again.

I concede that the RS team didn't. I'm asking you for another example, which you don't have. You're arguing for us to chase something that is a complete outlier and unlikely to happen again.

And you're deluded enough to think DCL & Kean are good enough for us to finish in the top 4 next season based on adding a Gabriel here and an Allan/Hojberg there.

Its fantasy talk. Those 2 would need about 7 world class players coming in dotted around the team to be enough.

And you're deluded enough to think DCL & Kean are good enough for us to finish in the top 4 next season based on adding a Gabriel here and an Allan/Hojberg there.

Its fantasy talk. Those 2 would need about 7 world class players coming in dotted around the team to be enough.
How many different times do I need to say "I don't think we can challenge for CL next season" for you to stop saying that I've said the exact opposite?

Again if you have no other example aside from the 13/14 RS I have no choice but to conclude that you're argument here is based off of an outlier and therefore kind of crap.

How many different times do I need to say "I don't think we can challenge for CL next season" for you to stop saying that I've said the exact opposite?

Again if you have no other example aside from the 13/14 RS I have no choice but to conclude that you're argument here is based off of an outlier and therefore kind of crap.

But the ambition of the club is to challenge the top 4 next season - so my opinions are therefore shaped on what is needed to do that in terms of our squad.

Same way if our ambitions were to finish mid table next season I wouldn't be banging on about improving on DCL as he is good enough for midtable.

But the ambition of the club is to challenge the top 4 next season - so my opinions are therefore shaped on what is needed to do that in terms of our squad.

Same way if our ambitions were to finish mid table next season I wouldn't be banging on about improving on DCL as he is good enough for midtable.
My ambition is high, but I think a one year turnaround is unrealistic.

Ancelotti has actually been pretty open about saying he is in this for the longer haul

Of course he says that - what you want him to say "im here for 2 years lads and if we are midtable cack and I aint backed I'll go elswhere?"

He's not here to be happy sat fighting for midtable.

He did OK today but he’s defo been overhyped. Putting a shift in doesn’t get you top four. There were times he didn’t make the most of opportunities and doesn’t keep the ball as well as he could. He’s no doubt improved and he’s a decent striker probably in the James Beattie at Southampton mould. He still needs to get better for me to be a top top striker which is what we’ll need to eventually challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.