Luke Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to him, Garbutt had a laugh about Ancelotti himself...

There's a good article from back in April on The Athletic talking with him about how it went wrong.
Garbutt tweeted earlier that the article accurately reflected what happened... any flash Harry with a subscription fancy a sharing? Remember, if you can be anything, be kind.

We chose to play Martina over him for a whole season. We either treated him horrendously or he wasn’t up to it. Either way releasing him is the right way to go.

I thought he looked quite good in that season where he played a bit.

Did he end up on the ale or something?

I'm more than happy for Carlo to think i'm a none entity if it means I can get 30k a week in the meanwhile?

Ultimately not good enough. However following Baines was always going to be a difficult task and the fact he seemed incapable of defending compounded this. I think playing as a wing back in a team that has a lot of the ball would suit him but that's a very specific set of circumstances. I hope he finds a club in the Championship and has a decent 2nd half to his career. I personally don't think it was lack of effort I just think he wasn't as good as we first thought. Perhaps had Moyes stayed he would have been better drilled defensively but 3 years under Martinez meant that went to pot. Perhaps the same thing could have been said of Stones he may have been a better defender had Moyes stayed. I'm not a Moyes fan by the way couldn't wait for him to leave but it does pose the question.

Ultimately not good enough. However following Baines was always going to be a difficult task and the fact he seemed incapable of defending compounded this. I think playing as a wing back in a team that has a lot of the ball would suit him but that's a very specific set of circumstances. I hope he finds a club in the Championship and has a decent 2nd half to his career. I personally don't think it was lack of effort I just think he wasn't as good as we first thought. Perhaps had Moyes stayed he would have been better drilled defensively but 3 years under Martinez meant that went to pot. Perhaps the same thing could have been said of Stones he may have been a better defender had Moyes stayed. I'm not a Moyes fan by the way couldn't wait for him to leave but it does pose the question.

Decent post but think whoever stayed he would have still liked the party scene and the charlie..

I thought he looked quite good in that season where he played a bit.

Did he end up on the ale or something?

....he also impressed for England U21s, was at the top of his game and his profile was at its highest. There was certainly demand for him and his contract was up. I was amazed he didn’t take up the option of moving on a lucrative Bosman.

He was behind Baines in the pecking order was never going to overtake him yet he decided to sign a new deal. in hindsight, that might have been a reflection of his ambition. A lengthy contract with no chance of playing, he went on a loan cycle and bombed.

His form might have picked up this season, it often happens with some players as they approach the end of their deal. I don’t know the lad but perhaps playing football isn’t important to him.

He took it well although I don’t think he had any other option to save face. Very embarrassing for the lad.

I see he said that it’s the clubs fault Carlo didn’t know who he was and not the managers.

I think he’s another player the club have looked after and fair play to him for making a good living over the past 11 years.

He played 5 games and was loaned out consistently to much lower league clubs. There doesn’t seem to have been any interest in him from any other premier league clubs. as a player he burned bright very briefly and wasn’t fancied or even known by any recent Everton manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.