2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed by the manager over the Garbutt comment. The club release a player who the manager knows nothing about. Where is the link between the manager and the club and why wasn't this discussed? How does Ancelotti not know who is at the club?

Disappointed by the manager over the Garbutt comment. The club release a player who the manager knows nothing about. Where is the link between the manager and the club and why wasn't this discussed? How does Ancelotti not know who is at the club?
??? Ancelotti has never seen the lad because he's been out on loan, I can't imagine the Everton people expected some dunce reporter to ask him about Garbutt leaving.
He's only been here since December.

??? Ancelotti has never seen the lad because he's been out on loan, I can't imagine the Everton people expected some dunce reporter to ask him about Garbutt leaving.

I bet other managers know every single player on the books though, Someone like Alex Ferguson knew everybody player from first team to the kids.
Klopp, Guardiola probably do too, I Imagine.
It’s disappointing that the manager doesn’t feel it’s worth his time to know everything about the club but at the end of the day it’s not gonna be the difference that breaks us into the top 8 anyway.

He should know who is an Everton player. The name must be on a squad list or something and he should know who is out on loan.

I bet other managers know every single player on the books though, Someone like Alex Ferguson knew everybody player from first team to the kids.
Klopp, Guardiola probably do too, I Imagine.
It’s disappointing that the manager doesn’t feel it’s worth his time to know everything about the club but at the end of the day it’s not gonna be the difference that breaks us into the top 8 anyway.
He should know who is an Everton player. The name must be on a squad list or something and he should know who is out on loan.
The man has never seen or heard of Garbutt in his life, His contract ended today, He knows nothing about him, Like I said I doubt he was expecting someone to bring up Luke Garbutt in a press conference for a game about Leicester when they've never ever worked together.

The Director of Football will know everyone and Ferguson, Klopp and Guardiola have been or were at their clubs for a lot longer than 6 months to get to know everyone

His job will be to concentrate on the first team and I’m sure he does care, he’s not going to sit through a list of names from first team to u6’s an memorize them all.

I have seen a video of him congratulating an u10 getting a new contract a few months ago, so I’d say give him a chance like

Luke Garbutt, a player who hasn't made a first team appearance in 6 years and I'm sure who's been told since last Summer his contract won't be getting renewed. Carlo been here 6 months or so now, unsurprising he doesn't know him as he will have never been on his radar. It doesn't look good, but won't hold it against Ancelotti at all.

Stop making a big deal out of nothing. Move on.

It is what it is but you’d think he would have heard of him just in passing. Relatively speaking, there aren’t that many senior players at a football club. Garbutt has obviously been ‘off the books’ for a while but to not even know his name is an odd one - surely he’s on some list somewhere. Oh well, not a biggie.

Making a story out of nothing. I wouldn’t even call him a bit part player. He’s a player whose never featured for years and who hasn’t been at the club whilst Carlo has been here. I’m sure Carlo has spent more time watching videos of the opposition or of our performances, then watching highlights of Ipswich Town from league 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.