Everton Head Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate you coming to the forum and being honest about who you support. But you did win in Madrid and just because you behave on one occasions doesn't make it ok to misbehave on other occasions, does it? I mean England fans behave well occasionally, but they also have moments where they behave abominably, and most Liverpool fans refuse to have anything to do with them as a result (which is fair enough as it's basically how I feel). However you have to be consistent with how you view incidents.

I am also pretty sure on that Champions league run, there was assaults going on, including an assault against an Asian gentleman with racist comments alongside racist comments as it was done (needlessly shoving him in a fountain). It was also the same run where a bloke got up on a podium and started masturbating in front of a massive crowd of people (including children) who were cheering him on. I am not sure if either of these were in Madrid, and it's not massively important which city suffered such behaviour that there was faultless behaviour as it's just not the case at all.

I don't think all Liverpool fans are the same, or even the majority are, but I think an ever vocal minority are increasingly dictating what it means to be a Liverpool fan, and it's around being "unbearable"- which is essentially code for being a bit of a knobhead. Be it racist, thuggish, misogynistic, homophobic, loutish etc. I think the decent majority of Liverpool fans actually have to start challenging what that means, or they will further colonise your club.

What tends to happen when something like this occurs, is you have the idiots who do it (a minority, but by no means a small minority). You then get a wider circle of people who don't do it themselves, but cheer it on and act like it's what LFC are all about. You then have another layer who will make an effort to condemn it, but do so conditionally (so will minimise it- "it was only 1 firework etc") and will draw a false equivalence between the actions of those partaking and those who are rightly offended and frustrated with the behaviour. Each of those groups are distinct from the other, but they all exist on the same continuum that allows for this sort of behaviour to go on.

I don't think you fit into any of those circles, but if you want to save your club from these idiots you really need to start speaking out against that pervasive culture, and it goes a lot lot deeper than just the people trying to burn the building down on Friday night.

We are fortunate not to have these problems at Everton. Thats why I don't by this "a few bad eggs" or "all clubs have them" nonsense. Everton fans have never behaved in that way (I know Lille gets thrown about, but at Lille the Major apologised for the police's behaviour, and acknowledged it was a ill placed training exercise in prep for the Euros, they were expecting thuggery and didn't get it.) Part of that is as a result of not having the success and thus the sense of entitlement Liverpool fans have. I also think, the sort of knobhead, who hops on the bandwagon because it's easy and trendy and knows he can indulge his deplorable tendencies just wouldn't see Everton as an avenue.

So if you want to help, great, but lets start with having an honest conversation about how deep the rot goes and start making some headway into fixing it. It means as LFC fans effectively clearing out 90% of the fan channels associated with your club, and letting them know they need to go and find a new bandwagon to go and jump on and to stop giving the club and the city a bad name.
That is a great post and thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts down.
I agree that LFC has the worst dopes as fans in the UK at least. and much more than Evertonions have.
We would hope that will all this adverse publicity that in future true fans will stand up and throw these scum out
They are not wanted in any society.
The Echo. Although hated by most or prob by all were telling everyone and his dog to get down to the Pier Head on Friday afternoon for a party. Have fun they said and send us your videos they asked.
There is still a pandemic on and this call was irresponsible by them.
The Police and LCC should have called them out on this, but the week before it was ok to have a march and a mass calling at St.Georges Hall. That was for BLM of course so that is presumed to be ok.
They sure don't want to be considered to be Racist.
Now The Echo are loving it because of the conflict it has caused in the City.

A good story that. I remember being in a local pub in Liverpool and watching Everton/Man City a few seasons ago.
The pub was half red and half blue which was no problem at all as most were regulars there.
Anyway, Everton needed to win to have a good chance at gaining C/L place.
I went to the toilet and heard a great cheer from the bars, Thought Everton had scored and was made up
Looked at the screen though and it was City who had scored.
Anyone remember that game. Think it was 2014.
Not a story mate, factual. Just been reading back through some your posts and you are a typical rs, always on the defensive. FYI, we had already f**ked up CL by losing to Palace and Southampton so the City game was irrelavant

True story regardless of who scored first.

Hello Japseye, where have you been mate?

Reading up on past kopite atrocities I hope?

Are you going to respond to my previous post to you on this thread (#619 I think, or thereabouts), as you promised, or are you going to continue to deflect and spout lies, whataboutery and irrelevant nonense defending the kopite actions, you said were indefensible?

Not a story mate, factual. Just been reading back through some your posts and you are a typical rs, always on the defensive. FYI, we had already f**ked up CL by losing to Palace and Southampton so the City game was irrelavant
Maybe the game was irrelevant or not to Evertonians on the night but pretty sure the cheers never came from the Liverpool supporters and don't think there were any City supporters in that pub either at the time.

breaking news lfc have just announced that they are changing their signature tune . they have scrapped ynwa and are now using the old Shaggy song called It wasn't me

Maybe the game was irrelevant or not to Evertonians on the night but pretty sure the cheers never came from the Liverpool supporters and don't think there were any City supporters in that pub either at the time.

Remember the game, Ross Barkley scored a worldly to give us the lead, finished up losing 2-3 in the end. I thought we gave a very good account of ourselves against what was easily the best team in the league and yes the roof came off when Barkley scored in the ground. The only off thing that day, was the disgraceful commentary from Alan Parry, who was quite obviously heartbroken because City didn't lose and made out Everton practically chucked the game.
Just a question back mate do you think City, then would have been booed, if it was Liverpool playing them and Everton were second ? Taking into consideration of course the state of the relationship between the two sets of fans .

Funny that cos according to you lot, we cant fill Goodison, so doubt there would be Everton fans in the pub for a home game.

Funny that cos according to you lot, we cant fill Goodison, so doubt there would be Everton fans in the pub for a home game.
Goodison, as you know, is always full for whatever game but there are still loads of Evertonians watching their games on sky tv in the pubs. Maybe they can't get tickets or can't afford to go anymore like most people who find it hard to attend a game.
Are you suggesting its only red fans who go to the pub to watch a match.?

does anyone remember 1995 when rs played Blackburn at an field and half of the rs crowd were wearing Blackburn shirts and they wanted Blackburn to beat them so that man utd wouldn't win the league

A good story that. I remember being in a local pub in Liverpool and watching Everton/Man City a few seasons ago.
The pub was half red and half blue which was no problem at all as most were regulars there.
Anyway, Everton needed to win to have a good chance at gaining C/L place.
I went to the toilet and heard a great cheer from the bars, Thought Everton had scored and was made up
Looked at the screen though and it was City who had scored.
Anyone remember that game. Think it was 2014.

Was that the game where Ross Barkley scored scored and the roof came off Goodison, and when City scored you couldn't see a single fan celebrating in the Everton end? The one where Everton cheered for their own team for the win, in spite of what the Kopite myths tell us?

does anyone remember 1995 when rs played Blackburn at an field and half of the rs crowd were wearing Blackburn shirts and they wanted Blackburn to beat them so that man utd wouldn't win the league
Was just going to post that mate, thanks for saving me the job

Remember the game, Ross Barkley scored a worldly to give us the lead, finished up losing 2-3 in the end. I thought we gave a very good account of ourselves against what was easily the best team in the league and yes the roof came off when Barkley scored in the ground. The only off thing that day, was the disgraceful commentary from Alan Parry, who was quite obviously heartbroken because City didn't lose and made out Everton practically chucked the game.
Just a question back mate do you think City, then would have been booed, if it was Liverpool playing them and Everton were second ? Taking into consideration of course the state of the relationship between the two sets of fans .
Agree with you entirely, ball on the other foot would have been the same response but does any real fan want to lose a game ( any game) just so his rivals are denied a chance of a trophy.
We have both waited a long time for any success in this so-called league premiership.
Some person's glee is often someones misery at times.
Do you agree.?

Status
Not open for further replies.