Everton Head Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at Heysel and also at Roma final before that when my mother was hospitalized by those lovable Italians who bricked all the fans leaving the Stadium.
Maggie wanted to ban all football fans even before that. England fans especially.
Lots of issues were about in those days mostly political but it was a sad sight for those that were there believe me.
Fights erupted from both sides and sadly innocents died.
No one sings about that.
All this just two weeks after 35,000 Everton fans had a party in Rotterdam, playing footy with the locals and police, and drawing praise from the authorities for their behaviour. And you wonder why we're bitter.

The thuggish element of their support is sustained by the nod and a wink culture of the broader fanbase, and most certainly, the media.

They won't see that, because they cannot.

The coverage of them is utterly sycophantic and whitewashing because of the economics of it. Thats what irks me about modern football journalism and punditry.

You don't need to wait to hear or read what had been said, the hacks very clearly nail their colours to the mast and don't dare deviate.

Any criticism of the recent events from with the red tent is sanitised to the point of being generic and meaningless.

Its practically like describing the relationship between Sinn Fein and the IRA. I think its justifiable to describe The Echo and other elements of print and visual media, as the propaganda wing of Liverpool FC.

It would be utterly absurd to pretend there is no deeply ingrained bias, maintained by clickbait advertising revenue.

He who pays the piper.

Perhaps I'm going against the trend, but if you're being genuine (I'll take it as you are on face value) then I'll acknowledge your openness and honesty.

You'll get criticism for being on here for being a Red, but personally I have no issue if you are being honest, open and not here to simply antagonise or gloat.

If you've got a thick skin - you'll need it - and perhaps discuss some non-Everton or Liverpool stuff then you'll probably get by, but some will never take to you.

It's not what I would do, but each to their own and a hello...

Anyway, to the topic at hand: I know many of my friends who do go the game are embarrassed and disgusted by Thursday and Friday's actions.

However, to make a sweeping statement that those involved on Friday aren't match going fans is incorrect - I know that for a fact. There'll be those who don't go...

... ,but there were many who do go. The real issue I have is that as a fan base you've allowed these groups to swell in number and act without any real criticism.

I have friends and family who are reds and go the game, who are disgusted by it and the behaviour in the past, but as I've said to them where is the challenge?

If you're unhappy with being tarred with the same brush, perhaps your fan base should out these individuals rather than cheer them or label people grasses.

That's not a direction at you personally, but an observation about you (your fans) as a collective. I've previously said the same about racism in our own fan base.

Inaction or directing the blame to other peoples' shoulders (their scallies not fans... their students no fans... their from out of town) is nigh on being complicit.

Realising that you have a problem and taking some ownership of the issue might make people slightly more considerate of your fan base rather than disgust.

Brilliant this and exactly right. Said the same thing to my family too when they started becoming apologists. They need to self police themselves much more and ownership and responsibility are key elements. Without the violence who thinks during a global pandemic it's a good idea to gather en masse anywhere, taking kids to places where there's no toilets etc? This was a LFC thing, they were LFC fans and it was a horrible night.

The police also were useless, this was pre-meditated and they should have foreseen what was coming. They've emboldened such behaviours down the last few years terrified of Anfield games to the point where coaches are attacked and police vans climbed all over.

The Echo are also at fault. The report on the police being bottled attending to the lad on the ground mentioned 'Liverpool fans' once and that was in relation to trying to stop the bottles. The people causing mayhem were 'thugs', 'baying yobs' and 'groups of men'. That kind of reporting is cowardly and needs to change.

The other thing which is a wider point is that there's a real culture issue in this city now where behaviours of all kind are tolerated and glorified and it's led to knife wielding cokeheads all over town. As a city we need a good look at ourselves.

Hi, I have only just joined the forum. As you can see I am a red but have not joined just to antagonize anyone.
I have been an avid reader of the site for many many years, mainly because of the humorous wit of often past posters, now either left or banned for various reasons.It's not as funny as it was I may add.
No point in trying to apologize
for the actions of many on Friday night and nor should I give them space either.
These so-called fans never go the match, some are students in our great city and join because they don't want to be Evertonians but some do of course. Others are local also but are hoods which no football club wants as a fanbase
They give nothing in the way of true support and are out there to gloat or rile anyone in there way.
They are an embarrassment to our matchgoing support and also to the City and the red families.

You might not have apologised ( English spelling), but you sure have made enough excuses.
Someone will have already listed thr litany of events attached to Liverpool FC, so I ask what is the common denominator? Was every event carried out by a 'not a fan/supporter/scouser' but by 'infiltrators, other club supporters/ Evertonians or any other? Because it's one thing saying it's not 'reds' and another inserting some other poor sap or an innocent 17 year old.
Well done for havingbthe cajones to post here but for me this is a too far gone now, it's tiring as an Evertonian having to seperate ourselves from your mess, your behaviour, to seperate it from our city and prevent us being tarred with the same brush. But it's even harder to get your lot to take ownership of this behaviour and for decent reds (sic) to call it out instead of defe ding it and making excuses for it, especially with so much obvious evidence to the contrary.

The act itself is criminal but when it hit the crown he just smirked and reached for another. Not a single care in the world for who he'd hit. Hopefully he'll be inside by the end of the day.
Which is why I talk about self-regulation, they need to acknowledge their issues and their complicity within the events now and in the past - real acknowledgement.

If they are the minority as some will argue, you would suspect that they'd proportionality still have been a minority of those who attended the Pier Head.

Yes, they'd likely be a higher proportion than usual because of the demographics of who attended and their own reasoning, but they'd still be a minority.

Where was indignation there and then? Where was the action? Perhaps there was criticism and maybe it wasn't filmed. I wasn't there, so I don't really know.

But, the evidence shows that multiple individuals fired multiple rockets including the idiot with a stray one that went into a crowd. Why wasn't he stopped by them?

They're either complicit because they supported his actions or complicity by their inaction to intervene if they disagreed. Remember, they're only a minority...

... so the majority should be able to act. It's the same on social media afterwards where the majority could or should be acting to oust these Neanderthals.

Now let's be honest, we've got our own issues as a club and we have some idiot fans too, but I'd sincerely hope that there'd be some form of response.

It's easy to say it's a minority or its someone else if you don't want to take responsibility or feel it is easier to push something under the carpet.

I don't actually think it's the club's real responsibility to manage these people although they could obviously do more to help; fans are the club and fans should act.

Perhaps I'm going against the trend, but if you're being genuine (I'll take it as you are on face value) then I'll acknowledge your openness and honesty.

You'll get criticism for being on here for being a Red, but personally I have no issue if you are being honest, open and not here to simply antagonise or gloat.

If you've got a thick skin - you'll need it - and perhaps discuss some non-Everton or Liverpool stuff then you'll probably get by, but some will never take to you.

Anyway, to the topic at hand: I know many of my friends who do go the game are embarrassed and disgusted by Thursday and Friday's actions.

However, to make a sweeping statement that those involved on Friday aren't match going fans is incorrect - I know that for a fact. There'll be those who don't go...

... ,but there were many who do go. The real issue I have is that as a fan base you've allowed these groups to swell in number and act without any real criticism.

I have friends and family who are reds and go the game, who are disgusted by it and the behaviour in the past, but as I've said to them where is the challenge?

If you're unhappy with being tarred with the same brush, perhaps your fan base should out these individuals rather than cheer them or label people grasses.

That's not a direction at you personally, but an observation about you (your fans) as a collective. I've previously said the same about racism in our own fan base.

Inaction or directing the blame to other peoples' shoulders (their scallies not fans... their students no fans... their from out of town) is nigh on being complicit.

Realising that you have a problem and taking some ownership of the issue might make people slightly more considerate of your fan base rather than disgust.
Great post Phil. Exactly how I feel. I come from a family of reds and I gave one of my brothers down the banks on Friday, before the Pier Head kicked off, for defending their actions the previous night. He has a wife and granddaughter who are both isolating.

I just don't get why their first reaction is to go on the defensive all the time

One of my red mates actually said to me:

'Yeah he shoudn't have fired the fireworks but was a bit of a stupid idea from Everton to have the blue lights on'

Hang on a sec....every Evertonian in the city has had to put up with all these cringy posters / cardboard cut outs / Jurgen Klopp sex dolls being plastered over the city for weeks, and there hasn't been one example of an Everton fan vandalising any of that stuff.

But the reds see one blue light and they're all offended and feel provoked to attack it!?

That’s the point though though Phil this considered post you quoted is a basically a long convoluted way of saying “it wasn’t us “ we also had another featuring condescension about the Europa league . It’s kopite 101 .

Of course there are loads of decent ones , they’re our families and friends . They’re the ones who make us proud to be Scousers campaigning for justice and never giving in whatever the odds but when I read posts that give it the whole “they’re students and not fans stuff “ I find it just pathetic .

This club is supported by a gang of hillbillies.

Come and listen to my story about a man named Red
A poor mamma's boy, barely kept his family fed,
And then one day he was playing with a slab
And down on the ground was a babbling lad .

Bulgarian that is, poor sod, not his fault..

Well the first thing you know ol Red's had up in court
The kinfolk said "No!! he was in his bed"
Said "It wa'nt him, twas that lad from Che-el-sea"
So they loaded up their guns and they waited for Ci-it-y"

Coach, that is. Sterling, Stones, other stars.

Outro

Well now it's time to say good bye to Red and all his kin.
And did you like them fireworks for kindly droppin in.
You're all invited back next year to this locality
To have a heapin helpin of Reds**** hospitality

Chelsea that is. Sh*t as well, Throw your shoes too..

We're all scum back here, y'know?

Brilliant this and exactly right. Said the same thing to my family too when they started becoming apologists. They need to self police themselves much more and ownership and responsibility are key elements. Without the violence who thinks during a global pandemic it's a good idea to gather en masse anywhere, taking kids to places where there's no toilets etc? This was a LFC thing, they were LFC fans and it was a horrible night.

The police also were useless, this was pre-meditated and they should have foreseen what was coming. They've emboldened such behaviours down the last few years terrified of Anfield games to the point where coaches are attacked and police vans climbed all over.

The Echo are also at fault. The report on the police being bottled attending to the lad on the ground mentioned 'Liverpool fans' once and that was in relation to trying to stop the bottles. The people causing mayhem were 'thugs', 'baying yobs' and 'groups of men'. That kind of reporting is cowardly and needs to change.

The other thing which is a wider point is that there's a real culture issue in this city now where behaviours of all kind are tolerated and glorified and it's led to knife wielding cokeheads all over town. As a city we need a good look at ourselves.
Liverpool FC condone their behaviour. When they trashed the City coach last year they said very little. They're a very good football team, no bitterness from me about that but as stated on this excellent thread several times it's the behaviour off the field which makes me that way.It was inevitable what happened was always going to. They are a self pitying victimised bunch. They are proud of their ground being full of blood thirsty animals full of aggressive behaviour. I have been to loads of grounds down the years and have never experienced anything so vile anywhere else. They are a disgrace to the name of football. The likes of Carragher being in that senior position in Sky makes it all the worse, he's so bitter. Gary Neville can say some ludicrous things but can't come close. I have never met a bunch so bitter in my life. I'm sick of it. You''ll never walk alone (unless we try to furlough you)' my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.