Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Stones is a big improvement on any of our defenders. He is a better defender, and less importantly he’s much better on the ball than all our CBs.

You usually get better as a team by buying or developing better players. Players that are an improvement on the incumbent. John Stones is considerably better than all our current CBs.

If he’s available and circumstances are right for us, then we should bring him back.

Holgate is quality, and I think has a very high ceiling, keep him and partner him with Stones or another elite CB, and then throw Michael Keane and Mina at any one who will take them.
I don’t think Stones should come back. Given the circumstances of his departure, I think it would be mentally difficult for him to perform at his best level.
I also remember the mistakes. My heart was in my mouth too often and that is his problem at City. If him and Pickford were in the same team, we would have bin z cars and run out to the sound of trombones.

People saying "we need CM-RW-RB-CB" or whatever are really missing the biggest issue. It's really more along the lines of "CM-CM-RW-CM-RB-CB"

We are absolutely terrible in CM. We need a MASSIVE overhaul. Rabiot is talented as hell but it shouldn't be an either/or with him, it should be someone like him AND another CM and even maybe ANOTHER CM. I cannot express how awful we are there. There are teams in the Championship who have a considerably better midfield than us.
Agree I like the look of Bissouma personally but there may be cheaper options in other leagues. We need some energy and creativity in there. There is only Gomes and maybe Gbamin if he ever recovers I have hope for I would accept offers on any of the others and I include any of the wingers. Hojbjerg is also interesting depends on the fee Saints want though.

...article on NewsNow said ‘a number of stories are emerging’ of a Rabiot/Digne swap. Probably jarg.
I don't want Rabiot as a straight transfer, I want to see how he handles the league and him being a massive weapon first. A loan, for us, makes sense. It SHOULD make sense for Juve too but they are too busy trying to get around FFP with Barca at the moment..

Watching Sassuolo v Verona. That Boga is a cracking player, reminds me of St Maximin. Thought I remember him being linked at one point.

btw - the second half of this match was highly entertaining

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.