Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we’ve had injuries but my point was that none of the players are any good. We could have had a full eleven and we wouldn’t be near Wolves. They have far better players
Totally disagree. Just forget the injuries for a minute and look at the Var decisions. Brighton 3 spurs 2, UTD maybe another 2 some people will say it wasn’t a goal. Even Arsenal at home there was ball the bounced and hit a defenders hand, harsh maybe if it was given , but no different to the one Liverpool got v Leicester. Even games we won Mina’s goal v West Ham. The Walcott penalty v Brighton.
Absolutely shocking decisions.

We are 11 behind with a game in hand. Now I didn’t know if wolves have had a few poor VAR decisions, but had VAR done it’s job we would be a lot closer. So this poor Everton team, would be on the coattails of this superstar wolves team.

They’ve very efficient, today similar chances, shots on goal, possession, but won the game 1-0. And it’s that ability to keep picking the same team that breed that efficiency.

We played Liverpool last week. They hardly created a chance. All I heard was if Salah & Roberetson we’re playing, it would have been a different story. Do you think they would be still 25 points ahead of city if they hadn’t had all their best players fit all season. And city hadnt had the injuries to a few of their best players.

Obviously it’s different levels, but it’s exactly the same.

Totally disagree. Just forget the injuries for a minute and look at the Var decisions. Brighton 3 spurs 2, UTD maybe another 2 some people will say it wasn’t a goal. Even Arsenal at home there was ball the bounced and hit a defenders hand, harsh maybe if it was given , but no different to the one Liverpool got v Leicester. Even games we won Mina’s goal v West Ham. The Walcott penalty v Brighton.
Absolutely shocking decisions.

We are 11 behind with a game in hand. Now I didn’t know if wolves have had a few poor VAR decisions, but had VAR done it’s job we would be a lot closer. So this poor Everton team, would be on the coattails of this superstar wolves team.

They’ve very efficient, today similar chances, shots on goal, possession, but won the game 1-0. And it’s that ability to keep picking the same team that breed that efficiency.

We played Liverpool last week. They hardly created a chance. All I heard was if Salah & Roberetson we’re playing, it would have been a different story. Do you think they would be still 25 points ahead of city if they hadn’t had all their best players fit all season. And city hadnt had the injuries to a few of their best players.

Obviously it’s different levels, but it’s exactly the same.
You sound like Mourinho. Football has had dodgy decisions ever since it existed. If you want to believe that VAR is at fault rather than the dross I’m watching every week then you can, but the league table doesn’t lie. Trust me, we buy better players, we can catch wolves. Relying on decisions to influence games will not....

I personally think Ancelotti is only playing 4-4-2 because it allows him to get the best out of DCL and Richarlison. I think he may prefer a 4-3-3 if he can put his own stamp on it. That being the case I think we need 7 players ideally.

GK: Pickford, Lossl, Virginia
RB: Xxxxxx, Kenny/Coleman
LB: Digne, Baines
CB: Holgate, Xxxxxx, Mina, Xxxxxx, Keane
DCM: Xxxxxx, Gbamin
CM: Gomes, Xxxxxx, Delph, Iwobi, Davies
RW: Xxxxxx, Xxxxxx
ST: Calvert-Lewin, Kean
LW: Richarlison, Bernard

At right back we need someone to come in and make the position their own. I cant decide who I would keep as back up Coleman or Kenny. I would like to see us sign Gabriel as a LCB to partner Holgate and Todibo as the other CB as he can also play DCM which gives us cover there until Gbamin is back. In midfield I want a DCM who can drop into the back to make a 3 which will allow the full backs to play as wing backs. The other CM would be more of a box to box player which allows Gomes more freedom and less responsibility. The Right Wingers I would want a left footed version of Richarlison who can also play up front and a left footed version of Bernard who can play more as midfielder.

This means we need to sell Sigurdsson, Walcott, Tosun, Besic, Bolasie, Sandro. Any offers would be welcome to get rid of wages.
Yeah I’m not convinced Ancelotti will play 442 long term. It just suits our best players at the moment.

Wolves are not better than us because of injuries and luck. They are better than us because they have better players. Gbamin aside, who’s actually been injured of any note?

Let's be honest, it's all down to luck. They're a nothing club, always have been, they got lucky that a super agent decided to use them as their project. Its got nothing to do with recruitment, they may as well sack all their scouts and just have mendes negotiate all their deals.

Yeah I'm not sure it does.

Rico is probably our best player, he would be best in a 433, Gomes also would benefit from another 2 in midfield.

IMO 442 suits none of our players.
Hmmm. Maybe not necessarily our best players, but I think it suits the squad as a whole right now. We don’t have enough midfielders for a 433.

The last few pages on this thread is full of talk of buying from relegated teams. We are Everton Football Club trying to push on for European football and we’re talking of buying sh*te from Norwich, Villa & Bournemouth. We can do better than this, sake

You sound like Mourinho. Football has had dodgy decisions ever since it existed. If you want to believe that VAR is at fault rather than the dross I’m watching every week then you can, but the league table doesn’t lie. Trust me, we buy better players, we can catch wolves. Relying on decisions to influence games will not....
Maybe I do, but I knew you’d say table doesn’t lie and that’s fine.
But wolves aren’t a special team, just like Leicester aren’t . Just having a good spell when everything is going there way.

Wolves in some ways have done similar to what we did under Walsh, but better. They’ve bought young and old. There team has 5 players over 29, not that old I know, but still their team will go through a lot of changes over the next few years.

Dream window:
In:
Max Aarons £30 million
Allan £22 million
Grealish £50 million
Gabriel £27 million
Right winger that isn't Walcott £25 million
£132 million spent

Out: All the garbage
Shneiderfraud £3 million
Bolasie £2 million
Sandro £4 million