Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with Stones is that he has all the tools to be a top quality player but never puts it all together consistently. When he told Everton fans to calm down said it all - the fans were totally right because sometimes you need to recognise danger and lash it away, no matter how "cultured" you are on the ball.

He doesn't see that so he keeps making avoidable errors.

The Roberto Martinez of defenders - ideology over pragmatism. Its a massive shame like as I love the idea of him as a footballer but not the reality of him.

John Stones. FFS. No one obsesses about bringing ex players back like some of our fans do.
Wait 6 months and there be rumours of Cuco coming back and they be saying how amazing he was.
Like Del Boy, ppl still want him despite the fact he did fek all. We are the worse fan base for it I’m sure.
The same ppl saying yeah Stones.. have him are the same people saying, let’s stop buying Top 4/6 casts off.
You want to buy young hungry players and Stones doesn’t fit that

On the eve of a new football season Stones attempted to force through a move to Chelsea which would have left us with little time to find a replacement. He only relented to stay on as long as he was guaranteed a move at the end of the the season.
When we were getting destroyed by the RSat the pit and desperately needed everyone to stand up and be counted this lightweight excused himself from the pitch with a ‘sore tummy’ the little darling.
Whatever his talent , Stones has the backbone of a jellyfish.
No thanks.

Problem with Stones is that he has all the tools to be a top quality player but never puts it all together consistently. When he told Everton fans to calm down said it all - the fans were totally right because sometimes you need to recognise danger and lash it away, no matter how "cultured" you are on the ball.

He doesn't see that so he keeps making avoidable errors.

The Roberto Martinez of defenders - ideology over pragmatism. Its a massive shame like as I love the idea of him as a footballer but not the reality of him.
Not saying I’d necessarily choose to bring him back, but it could be interesting to see what Carlo could do with him.

For all the qualities Pep has, defensive coaching is far from his strongest suit.

Stones is the only player I can think of who has regressed under Guardiola.

Besides, unless there's going to be a major shift in approach next season, Ancelotti needs a centre-back who can hit accurate long passes, whereas Stones would end up trying to exchange hospital balls with a non-existent midfield.

You banish him from the training ground

You make it clear no future at the club

You make it clear no cushy loan moves to sunny Spain or Portgual for him to still pick up his 100k a week contract.

Let him sit at home for the remaining 2 years watching Judge Judy everyday and if he has an ounce of desire to play footie he'll begrudgingly take a permanent move away. If not his football career is near enough over.

We've been push overs for too long and im sick of that lot over the road having players who will run through brick walls for their club winning trophy after trophy whilst we have a bunch of half arsed jokers stealing a wage.

This season has to be the catalyst for change - no more excuses or cushy boys club.
I'd do the opposite. I get them doing the old style pre season without a ball. Just run run run. They will either get really fit or bored and look for another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.