New Everton Stadium Discussion

Could be lots of reasons. I mean one might be Meis doesnt seem to have much experience of managing this aspect of the project, and the new firm do, so we have gone with the optimum firm.

Drawing up the concept, and then building the concept are quite different skills. It would not be unusual different architects may be better suited for different aspects of it.
My mate is an Architect and he said the exact same thing when the first tweet of his came out and we all started speculating to what he was meaning. its just sour grapes on his behalf, we will of paid him good money for the design and we are happy with it but putting it into production is completely different.

I have to applaud the club for getting the most qualified into build it. while it seems on paper we have been ruthless the way he is tweeting its all now about getting it done and done properly

My mate is an Architect and he said the exact same thing when the first tweet of his came out and we all started speculating to what he was meaning. its just sour grapes on his behalf, we will of paid him good money for the design and we are happy with it but putting it into production is completely different.

I have to applaud the club for getting the most qualified into build it. while it seems on paper we have been ruthless the way he is tweeting its all now about getting it done and done properly

the new Everton under moshiri? If it was BK he would let 3 little pigs build us a new stadium.

Getting the vibe that he’s on the verge of offering straighteners on Twitter.
He doesn’t seem completely *there*.
I wouldn’t want to do business with him anyway. Good at designing stadiums but probably needs to think about his behaviour if his twitter account is anything to go by.

This.

I think the fact he's fuming suggests not all is what it seems.

I think It'll obviously come out down the line but I do think the club will have done a number on him.

Well none of us know anything except detail free moaning and a statement from the club.

Simplest explanation would be the one the club gave. Either technically (on knowledge of UK building regs and practices) or financially he was judged to be 2nd best to Pattern for the delivery phase.

If he was contracted to do the delivery phase he would have either had the contract paid off or be suing the pants off us for breach instead of complaining on twitter.

Its just classic Everton: "We always do the sentimental thing, never whats best commercially! What's that? We took a more qualified technical architect through a tender process instead of the sentimental choice? WAAAAH! We screwed over Blue Dan!"

I wonder what some of our fans actually want from this club, sometimes.

Well none of us know anything except detail free moaning and a statement from the club.

Simplest explanation would be the one the club gave. Either technically (on knowledge of UK building regs and practices) or financially he was judged to be 2nd best to Pattern for the delivery phase.

If he was contracted to do the delivery phase he would have either had the contract paid off or be suing the pants off us for breach instead of complaining on twitter.

Its just classic Everton: "We always do the sentimental thing, never whats best commercially! What's that? We took a more qualified technical architect through a tender process instead of the sentimental choice? WAAAAH! We screwed over Blue Dan!"

I wonder what some of our fans actually want from this club, sometimes.

Wheres the club statement mate? Havent seen it tbh

They were already appointed months ago. They were working as the local office for Meis studio throughout the final stages, the consultation period and submitting the planning.

The only change is the appointed contractor has chosen to only use them for the delivery stage, cutting meis out altogether. It doesn't mean the design will radically change. (it can't, without going back to planning)

Pattern were brought in and replaced Sheppard Robson as the local architect as you say, yet we've not heard Sheppard Robson whinge and moan. In fact, most weren't even aware that they were involved.