New Everton Stadium Discussion

Really? There's nothing backward about it to me. Unless you want a soulless move?
Looking back to a stadium design from 1892? That's backward looking.

Loads of grounds in England and Scotland had stadiums built by Leitch. Itls not something particualry peculiar to Everton...and none of them rebuilt a stadium or built a new one and paid homage to him.

To me, it's embarrassing.

He's been pretty involved throughout for the other projects he's worked on. Particularly the Roma stadium from reading interviews and news.

I'm going to guess that Laing O'Rourke has come back with the estimate and said it's going to cost £xxxm more than what the club initially thought. They'd told him to re-do something, like half the bloody stadium, he's told them to do one.

Wrong guess.

Like he was told by the club, it's just business, about time we had a big set of ruthless balls in charge instead of Kenwright blubbing because MEIS said he loves Z cars, everything about this says Moshiri/Usmanov in charge and not some blue heart poodle waiting for his head pat for 'doing the honourable thing'

We do a lot of good in the community, but this is 'strictly business' and its actually refreshing to see

This is where I disagree mate - im all for ruthlessness from the club I've been asking for it from the board for years - but to me Meis was massively passionate about this project and I imagine he would have been less enthused to have accepted scale backs on the designs/features etc than these other fellas.

At best the club have been inconsiderate and pulled Meis kecks down

At worst they are looking at the final bill for the ground and flapping looking to make cuts knowing it'll be easier to do with some firm who isn't as emotionally invested as Meis was.

Has anyone done the.....

6Gf6.gif

....yet?

This is where I disagree - im all for ruthlessness from the club I've been asking for it from the board for years - but to me Meis was massively passionate about this project and I imagine he would have been less enthused to have accepted scale backs on the designs/features etc than these other fellas.

At best the club have been inconsiderate and pulled Meis kecks down

At worst they are looking at the final bill for the ground and flapping looking to make cuts knowing it'll be easier to do with some firm who isn't as emotionally invested as Meis was.

You think they weren't aware how much the stadium was going to cost before they started seeking planning permission?

Christ.

If anything the stadium will be vastly cheaper currently, loan rates are at all-time low.

You think they weren't aware how much the stadium was going to cost before they started seeking planning permission?

Christ.

If anything the stadium will be vastly cheaper currently, loan rates are at all-time low.

Prices change all the time look at Spurs stadium the cost went up and up - add the uncertainly with Covid I imagine the club will be happy to go with the cheapest option available.

I just dont see a positive in this whatsoever.

The self appointed fan liaison is no longer an Evertonian, oh well. What a weird OTT act all that was anyway and how can anyone be surprised it would end like this, I mean why did we even need to know who he was?

Im no Meis fanboy but he took the time out to deliver us a world class design that incorporated the local heritage and parts of GP's fabric.

Had he designed some half arsed generic bowl or all brick Ibrox I wouldn't be as bothered but the effort he put in I think he deserved better.

If James McCarthy was "family" then so was Meis.

Im no Meis fanboy but he took the time out to deliver us a world class design that incorporated the local heritage and parts of GP's fabric.

Had he designed some generic bowl or all brick Ibrox I wouldn't be as bothered but the effort he put in I think he deserved better.

If James McCarthy was "family" then so was Meis.

Took the time out?

lol lol lol lol

He was paid millions of dollars.

Inappropriate Language
Took the time out?

lol lol lol lol

He was paid millions of dollars.

Im sure there are plenty of architects out there getting paid millions to knock up some generic flavour of the month design without any afterthought into the heritage of the club and city.

You disagree that we owe him anything fair enough but personally I think its a c***s trick we've pulled.