Match Thread Norwich City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we weren't very good, but they were worse. The first half was dull, but we got the goal and seemed to improve from that point for about 20 minutes and I thought we might get a 2nd and kill it off. Then they came back a bit and threatened, I thought they might equalize a couple of times. I thought Iwobi looked good after the goal and was positive going forward. I can't belive Kean got booked within a minute of coming on, I don't think the ref is a big fan of the BLM movement!
The ref frustrated me at times, he waved play on when we should have had free kicks.
Anyway we got 3 points, on to the next game

Not pretty, but a win. Midfield looked poor but it’s a big ask for Davies and Gomes to bounce back so quickly after Liverpool. The depth in the middle of the park is worrying for the remaining fixtures. But, another clean sheet ‘away from home’ and we’re looking up the table from now on. Happy days

After the 1st half I was impressed with us in the 2nd half. We restricted them to little and did enough to get a goal. I thought Gomes might have come off at half time, but he was better in the 2nd. Credit to Carlo for making us well organised, given time, and a chunk of £, he will add more excitement and hopefully more success.

Weird one this as the players who I thought played the best are the ones I'm normally moaning about. I've given MoM to Keane because I thought he was solid all evening (I also thought he was decent against the RS), but I thought Iwobi was good in the second half and Siggurdson helped us retain the ball much, much better when he came on. Bizarro world!

Iwobi second half carrying the ball into their half made the difference. Big Mick Keane with good header for the goal. Thought Sigurdson was decent in second half doing what davies couldn't, spraying the ball out wide to bernard and iwobi, didn't give away any stupid passes like davies did either.

Status
Not open for further replies.