Things to say to kopites if they win the * at goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"How do you think the Kopite staff that were furloughed by their own club will celebrate?, do you think it will dampen their enthusiasm? - where do you stand on that, or are you just another one of them glory hunting, win at all cost nothing else matters, sell your own granny out of Anfield Road kind of armchair fans like the majority I come across?"

Or something like that...
And the winner is.......

None of them are there to see it. The biggest moment in their footballing lives, and they are missing it.

The actual proper Kopites I know are absolutely gutted about this. It is a proper anti climax.

They should have had it all wrapped up months ago, Anfield packed to the rafters, they get to do their sing a long and at the final whistle know theyve finally won it. The outpouring of emotion, the collective bells in hands. That shared experience, never to be replicated.

And, it ain't happening.

Instead, in June, it might get won on a Sunday night at an empty Goodison Park and they'll all be in their living rooms around the World, thinking about how much better it should have been.
Klippety moaning about a winter break,bet he wishes he'd kept his gargantuan trap shut!!

"How do you think the Kopite staff that were furloughed by their own club will celebrate?, do you think it will dampen their enthusiasm? - where do you stand on that, or are you just another one of them glory hunting, win at all cost nothing else matters, sell your own granny out of Anfield Road kind of armchair fans like the majority I come across?"

Or something like that...
Maybe I'm wrong but did they not give up on the furlough after supporters clubs/groups petitioned them against it?

Reactions: kev

Maybe I'm wrong but did they not give up on the furlough after supporters clubs/groups petitioned them against it?

Your close, though I suspect it was nothing to do with being shamed into it. (we all know they have no shame)
They gave up on the idea of furloughing staff when they realised it was a PR disaster.
That was the ONLY reason.

Can't we just say "congratulations - your team has been the best in the league for two seasons now, you deserve the title"

?

Status
Not open for further replies.