New Everton Stadium Discussion

This stadium is happening I know we always think something will go wrong, but this isn't the council the government everyone will push this through .imagine the jobs it will create, don't listen to red [Poor language removed] rumours ,keep the faith this is on the way!

Not remotely true, but thank you for your input

Personally I think it is highly likely that the whole project will be put on hold for now. I can't see people investing in retail and housing until the situation becomes more clear. Hopefully that doesn't stop us pushing on with the Stadium but it may well entail additional costs for the Club.

My guess would be that we push on and get planning, so that we can include money spent on the Stadium against the next FFP calculation.

Ideally we will push on with the Stadium because inevitably construction costs will be reduced because of the lack of activity in the construction industry.

Not remotely true, but thank you for your input

Funny how Kopites keep thinking a club with owners worth near £15 billion who have spent £450 million on players in 3 years wont push on with a stadium that is needed to move the club forward / increase revenues to combat FFP.

They should be more arsed that their skint owners have shelved their expansion plans and any transfer plans.

Personally I think it is highly likely that the whole project will be put on hold for now. I can't see people investing in retail and housing until the situation becomes more clear. Hopefully that doesn't stop us pushing on with the Stadium but it may well entail additional costs for the Club.

My guess would be that we push on and get planning, so that we can include money spent on the Stadium against the next FFP calculation.

Ideally we will push on with the Stadium because inevitably construction costs will be reduced because of the lack of activity in the construction industry.
This is a pandemic not a credit crunch,there is money out there the country needs homes which will be built around the stadium. I work in construction yes its gone quite due to the lockdown we have had.ive gone back to my place of work they sold 12 properties while site was shut.in 12 months time things should correct themselves in every industry, maybe a few tax hikes so there's no reason to suspend any plans

On hold indefinitely due to finances and Covid-19, not sure on quality of information, need to give it another few days.
So the club are waiting on an imminent decision on planning permision and before its granted puts it "on hold indefinately".
Yeah ok fella.

You joined 10 months ago and made 8 posts , 4 have been about the stadium being held up due to "timescale" & "construction costs"

You're not hard to figure out.

Funny how Kopites keep thinking a club with owners worth near £15 billion who have spent £450 million on players in 3 years wont push on with a stadium that is needed to move the club forward / increase revenues to combat FFP.

They should be more arsed that their skint owners have shelved their expansion plans and any transfer plans.
and when one of those owners has a boat that cost almost what our stadium will cost, a boat that he probably spends a couple of weeks on a year. A boat.

BMD will be a vehicle to make more money from that area of the city so Uzzy can buy himself a bigger boat.

This is a pandemic not a credit crunch,there is money out there the country needs homes which will be built around the stadium. I work in construction yes its gone quite due to the lockdown we have had.ive gone back to my place of work they sold 12 properties while site was shut.in 12 months time things should correct themselves in every industry, maybe a few tax hikes so there's no reason to suspend any plans

The current situation has the potential to make the 2008 credit crunch look totally insignificant. The last pandemic was followed by the great depression. Capitalism simply isn't setup to cope with one off situations like a pandemic.

Even before the pandemic retail was basically on its arse with swathes of the high-street going bust. Then if you look at construction it was unthinkable not so long ago for a giant like Carillion to go under.

Back when everyone just thought coronavirus was an alcohol induced hangover because you'd had too many Mexican lagers, was there an actual date that the club was working towards? It kept moving as far as I can remember. 2021 or 2022? This current global economic situation could go one of two ways, companies could be looking to take on any work, but similarly investors and owners/shareholders may want cast iron guarantees. Which in this world is a murky world to be swimming in

The current situation has the potential to make the 2008 credit crunch look totally insignificant. The last pandemic was followed by the great depression. Capitalism simply isn't setup to cope with one off situations like a pandemic.

Even before the pandemic retail was basically on its arse with swathes of the high-street going bust. Then if you look at construction it was unthinkable not so long ago for a giant like Carillion to go under.
Carillion went down due to bad management. But yes you have a point but when the credit crunch I was in a industry that was thrown in a ditch ,this time people were furloughed so hopefully people still have money in their pocket and get out of it,maybe I'm just being hopeful but doesn't it make it more important for us to build the stadium right away for the local economy and I think who the powers might be will make it happen. Hopefully if the negative press don't push us off a cliff.

The last pandemic was 1918. The depression was 1931. I still broadly agree with you, this is unprecedented as we have a global economy now. In total gridlock

Being pedantic the last pandemic started in spring 1918 and ended in summer 1919. As for the great depression it started with black Tuesday in October 1929. As you say we are in unprecedented times.