News of Ex Players

Underated player. Remember him getting loaned out somewhere towards the end of his career with us. Was brought back for a game against Spurs in the 96/97 season. He played in centre-mid and bossed it. Best player on the pitch and we won 1-0.

Yep, he moved to China as he'd been offered a massive deal. Came back to play against Spurs, was superb like you mentioned and then got picked up straight after the amrch and sped off on a moped to the airport to get back to China.

Yeah,remember that Macca,I think the story was he still had his kit on lol lol lol
wouldn't surprise me Dario lol

I'm sure there was a pic of him in the Echo on the back of this small little moped escaping through the crowds lol

I remember an article he said it was like army barracks and the food was crap and it was tough. The money must have been something else for him to trade in the good life over here for what sounded like a proper culture shock.

after a long career bernie the bolt worked until age 50 when he retired from all work , he was a very good referee for 20 years , on many occasions being invited to pro clubs and finals etc , he now holidays many times a year and enjoys the rugby and horse racing , he is also still clocking over 50 miles a week in various exercise inc power walking and cycling , he hates the modern football and the game now as its played by soft overpaid idiots his words not mine, anyway dad sends his regards to everyone at the club.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 77