Everton Youth Teams Thread

Haha, just as I was writing above we rarely lose young players close to our Academy. I’m pretty sure he’s a Schoolboy who’s been in and around the u18s , only on the bench I think I don’t believe he ever got game time. He has been around the club a while though ,so we’ve invested in him, it would appear he doesn’t want to be a Scholar with us , shrugs shoulders . One thing though we’ve never been short of having a lot of young goalkeepers around, its been Zan-Luc Leban whose had that spot at u18 before the season ended, Tyrer and Virginia above him, plus a couple more.

Cannot tell you the last time we brought a keeper through who was decent

Just accept that they will eventually be released

Haha, just as I was writing above we rarely lose young players close to our Academy. I’m pretty sure he’s a Schoolboy who’s been in and around the u18s , only on the bench I think I don’t believe he ever got game time. He has been around the club a while though ,so we’ve invested in him, it would appear he doesn’t want to be a Scholar with us , shrugs shoulders . One thing though we’ve never been short of having a lot of young goalkeepers around, its been Zan-Luc Leban whose had that spot at u18 before the season ended, Tyrer and Virginia above him, plus a couple more.
Didn't we sign a young American goalkeeper Nico Hansen assume he is still with us

Didn't we sign a young American goalkeeper Nico Hansen assume he is still with us
Yeah Hansen is still with us and played some u23 games this/last season, once Virginia went out on loan though it was Harry Tyrer who played the most u23 games. These youngsters are always agile and good shot stoppers but only the coaches see the other characteristics needed to become a decent pro GK and its hard to provide experience for them
as lower clubs don’t trust a young GK on loan initially as they all inevitably make mistakes .

I was reading about a good prospect we had at U16 level called Mohamed Ali-Cho or something like that. Dual French-English national. We lost him to Angers recently. Making good progress there apparently. He also went from playing for England U16 to France U17. I bet that "Angers" the FA. Ahahahahaha

I was reading about a good prospect we had at U16 level called Mohamed Ali-Cho or something like that. Dual French-English national. We lost him to Angers recently. Making good progress there apparently. He also went from playing for England U16 to France U17. I bet that "Angers" the FA. Ahahahahaha
We picked him up from PSG 3 or 4 years ago, if you dig back a few weeks there’s more written about him.

It would be interesting to look at the winners in the different categories over a number of year to see if they give any indication as to who the next premiership footballer from the academy is likely to be.