2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some absolutely fantastic goals.

The Burnley header for me is still one of the best goals of the season we scored.

I want my striker's chucking themselves at everything, I want them to want to score and be on the end of tap ins. That's what he's worked on massively since Silva left. Ferguson helped massively then Ancelotti fired a big massive rocket up his arse by telling him you can't score goals if you ain't in the middle to slot them.

Massive improvement from earlier on in the season and still some way to go.

I yearn for the day that young footballers actually achieve something before they swan around wearing rolex watches & fancy dress.

A spit in the face to the majority who work 50-60 hours+ a week earning a pittance wearing kecks from Asda.

Mate pre lockdown I was on 120 hours a month (30 a week) at Primark wearing a sweatshop made company t shirt and Jacamo jeans, I don’t take a weird offence to what Dom, Tom or any of ours or other club’s wear off the pitch because frankly it’s non of my business to judge

Because where I come from how you dress tells alot about the person.

If you see a bloke wearing an Armani suit, rolex on the wrist and keys to the jag in his backpocket you know that bloke has been successful in what he does - however if said person was up to their eyeballs in debt and credit cards to pay for that fine suit then as far as im concerned they are a fraud putting on an act.

Too many young players in modern day football think they've made it and start dressing/acting like clowns.

If Cristiano Ronaldo or Floyd Mayweather wishes to dress like Tom Davies then fair play they've earned the right over their careers - but if a kid who's had 3 good months in his whole career does I have to question that.

Too much too soon - get back to the days of them scrubbing the senior players boots and jockstraps.
Nobody earns the right to be a [Poor language removed]. Davies makes you cringe because it is guilt by association. He has neither the wit or personality of Vivian Stanshall so should just fade into the background and try to be recognised as a football player

I yearn for the day that young footballers actually achieve something before they swan around wearing rolex watches & fancy dress.

A spit in the face to the majority who work 50-60 hours+ a week earning a pittance wearing kecks from Asda.
If you're going back in time, bring Dixie back with you and 2 birds!

Some absolutely fantastic goals.

The Burnley header for me is still one of the best goals of the season we scored.

I want my striker's chucking themselves at everything, I want them to want to score and be on the end of tap ins. That's what he's worked on massively since Silva left. Ferguson helped massively then Ancelotti fired a big massive rocket up his arse by telling him you can't score goals if you ain't in the middle to slot them.

Massive improvement from earlier on in the season and still some way to go.

...he’s using his physicality (pace and power) to get on the end of things, but that’s where the effort ends. Reaching the ball is one phase, he needs to then drop a gear, be aware of his position in relation to the goal/goalkeeper and finish. This is particularly the case aerially because not many can live with him.

Effort reaching the ball, control when you make contact.

Last edited:
BB46F1F7-E0A5-4AB7-BAE7-2DEEC8CBD501.png

Can’t wait for him to start banging goals in again, apart from him, holgate and richarlison this season has been w*nk and was glad to see the back of it

...he’s using his physicality (pace and power) to get on the end of things, but that’s where the effort ends. Reaching the ball is one phase, he needs to then drop a gear, be aware of his position in relation to the goal/goalkeeper and finish. This is particularly the case aerially because not many can live with him.

Effort reaching the ball, control when you make contact.

Just let him do his best Eggs, looks to me like we have a player. Lot of other clubs would not say no.

If this lad played for a top 6 team and hit 13 goals in 27 games, They'd be absolutely raving about this lad yet a good chunk of the Everton fanbase continues to slate and not show faith in him at all or give excuses that it's all down to luck, I think he's been the worst treated player by the fans by a mile.

If this lad played for a top 6 team and hit 13 goals in 27 games, They'd be absolutely raving about this lad yet a good chunk of the Everton fanbase continues to slate and not show faith in him at all or give excuses that it's all down to luck, I think he's been the worst treated player by the fans by a mile.

We have been hurt too many times mate. If we slate him and hes good we win, if we slate him and hes bad we also win.

Status
Not open for further replies.