Your Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight after Royle I think someone like Peter Reid could have dealt well with the limited finances and took us up the league. Did very well for Sunderland and made shrewd signings as opposed to some of the dross Kendal / Smith brought in.

Besides Kendall, I would have liked Robson,intellegent,football knowledge and a gentleman,Clough for some reason I dont think he would have done it here,more Leeds than Forest,Royle I think could have done more here

Only Cloughie for me. Our boardroom just wouldn't have him, much the same from our F.A. board for the England job.

Would have loved Clough in his prime, Robson would have done a decent job as well.
Royle for me was a big mistake letting him go, last chance to play with the so called big clubs, every manager since has had an inferiority complex and it shows on the pitch.
hopefully Carlo can stop that mindset.
Kendal first time stand above any other manger for us but i think Royle could of if backed got us moving along in the right direction,
Moyes did a decent job but went stale and wasnt a winner when it matterd the three after him should never have been near are club, although i can see why they went for koeman, but the way he acted before joining us should have sent the warning signals up he wasnt beating the door down to get the job , and you never really got the feeling he was intrested in us long term.

I imagine we’re a similar age but that’s a brilliant post

Other than Danny Williamson, did Kendall make any bad signings in his third stint here?

Tony Thomas. While John O'Kane was a bit jarg.

Made some great buys though with the money he had - like Hutchison & Myhre.

John Oster had a bit of class and could have grown up to be really good for us, but Walter Smith thought Petr Degn would be better.

As much as people hate him now we would have taken to Klopp like no other. He would have been perfect for what most want in our club and the likes of Sigurdsson/Schneiderlein/et al would never been seen on the pitch here.

The name I am going to throw into the frame comes with a bucket load of hindsight and would have took a brave chairman to go for him.
We were on our way to our second title in 3 years but due to Heysel there had been rumours that Howard had itchy feet. In November 1986 Alex Ferguson joined United from Aberdeen ( bear in mind United hadn't won a title since Benny Hill was a lad and we were the best team on the country).
Could we have sounded him out ? Harvey was also a massive gamble that failed miserably.
That's who I was thinking of too.

Kendall mk3 was a mixed bag really. If he'd kept Unsworth and Stuart and brought Hutchison in to partner Speed at the start of the season and O'Kane earlier I think that team wouldn't have been that bad. I think we missed a trick with Peter Reud who did well at both City and Sunderland.

I often wonder if after Catterick we would have gone for Joe Mercer with Brian Labone. Bingham was a sh@t Lee was unlucky, just not a winner.

Other than Danny Williamson, did Kendall make any bad signings in his third stint here?

Danny Williamson was an unlucky signing rather than a poor one. He never knew he was going to play 15 or so games and then never kick a ball again.

Danny Williamson was an unlucky signing rather than a poor one. He never knew he was going to play 15 or so games and then never kick a ball again.

I think the worst thing about the Williamson signing was that we bought Unsworth back for £3 million a year later. You're right though he was unlucky as the injuries him and Parkinson suffered robbed us of 2 players and in them days money was tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.