Gazza at Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually always played better when he was on (not that he could last 90 minutes) if I remember correctly. Can’t stand the bloke though

But you did say Ferguson would have been better for him personally than going to Spurs. Utter guesswork from you.

Hindsight is wonderful, but even so, Manchester, or Liverpool come to that, would have been a less tempting honeypot than London for him, at the time.

But you did say Ferguson would have been better for him personally than going to Spurs.
My first live match was November 1963 in all that time 57 years Spurs have never won a title so it is safe to say that they would not be my first choice if I wanted to win things.
Also all the players that according to you Ferguson failed with have all won more individually than Spurs as a club in there entire history.

A great player, electrifying on his day. Unfortunately his days had disappeared long before he came to Everton. That terrible injury from his own bad tackling (against Forest in the FA Cup?) really goosed him. He's a mess now, and I haven't heard about him for quite a while but I wish him well.

You mean like the way Ferguson,
1) Kept control of Ryan Gigg's personal life and stopped him shagging he's brothers wife after training?
2) Controlled Eric Cantana so well he didn't Kung fu kick a fan in the stands?
3) Controled Rio Ferdinand so well he didn't do a runner from a drugs test that got him a 8 month ban?
4) Kept control of he's own emotions so well that in a dressing room, he didn't throw a boot at he's own player that needed stitches in a facial cut?
5) The same great Sir Alex who caused a big rift in the dressing room when he was insisting that, when current players signed an extension to their contracts, they had to get rid of their current agent and sign up with Ferguson's son who would then get all the commission?
I could go on..........

I think what he’s trying to say mate, if he’d had a proper mentor and father figure to look after him ( like Ferguson was famous for ) he’d have had a longer career.

The lad has very obviously had problems for a long long time and when he was playing footy it seemed that a lot of unscrupulous people took advantage of this and him.

People often wonder what might've been had he gone to United. Could've been over in a flash really... Who knows. What's for certain is the managers who seemed to get the best out of him did so by putting an arm around him.

I have fond memories of gazza overall. A lovable but ultimately flawed genius. With the ball at his feet he was electric. An undoubted talent who could've achieved so much more with a better mindset.

My first live match was November 1963 in all that time 57 years Spurs have never won a title so it is safe to say that they would not be my first choice if I wanted to win things.
Also all the players that according to you Ferguson failed with have all won more individually than Spurs as a club in there entire history.

That has nothing to do with you saying that Gazza would have been better off personally having Ferguson as manager.
Well done on trying to change the subject though. Top "man."

That has nothing to do with you saying that Gazza would have been better off personally having Ferguson as manager.
Well done on trying to change the subject though. Top "man."
I take it you are a Spurs fan mate, I have no axe to grind with Spurs there is only one team I hate and that's the RS all the rest I despise in equal proport

The first time I saw him play was at Goodison in 86, we won the game 1-0, but Beardsley and Gascoigne ran rings around our midfield all game. We were very lucky that day.
I seem to remember him missing a late penno for Newcastle at Goodison ?
Maybe completely wrong like.

Status
Not open for further replies.