2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be honest, if we scout out some low key gems I'd be happy this summer. Chucking cash around has not been brilliant in terms of payback so far. Actually, I'd be happy if we sign anyone this summer given the circumstances.

Screenshot_20200529-003547_Chrome.jpg

Haha they’re a mess like us

1e6.jpg

Sidibe is only on loan and likely not being kept. Iwobi and Kean are both very young and hardly had time to show what they can really do, Lossl literally hasn't played a minute to make any sort of impression

Brands only outright bad signing so far has been Delph but even then he hardly cost much. The hate he gets for things well beyond his control is ridiculous. Not saying he's great in his role and we're going forwards but it's still far too early to be calling him a failure, he's been here less than 2 years. You simply can't go from a total mess (which we were in 2018 when he arrived) to be pushing for top 4 in that time in today's world.
I agree to a point, but in 2 years you’d expect to see obvious signs of improvement and I’m not sure we have. I’ve said it before but it’s worrying to me that people like Keane and sigurdsson - the poster boys of Walsh’s poor recruitment - are being picked by Ancelotti (who’s no mug) above people brands has spent a load of money on. Same with Kean, we’ve got areas of the team in desperate need of improvement and yet we spent £27m on him to be third choice behind 2 lads who were already here and are barely older than him. Brands hasn’t been a disaster and you’re right that he needs more time, but he sure as hell hasn’t put himself beyond criticism so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.