2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really see what was wrong with it to be honest.
Iwobi, Kean, Gbamin, Gomes, Delph, Sidibe, Lossl. I'm on the fence with Brands, I thought summer 2018 was a good window, but looking at that list can anyone honestly say that any of them have materially improved our first 11? Most of them have barely featured. Not to mention that, conservatively, we spent £100m. Now I know £100m ain't what it used to be but it isn't a small outlay either.

You are here cos the mods allowed you to return after being banned for the 5th or 6th time, I suggest you show that decision some respect and not tell valued posters to "jog on".

I’ve not broken any rules and can see you’re trying to bait me so please leave me alone and enjoy the forum without goading me.

Thank you and goodbye

Loose Idrissa, manage to spend close to 40 mill on two centre midfielders and produce an eyesore of a non functional mess of a centre midfield all season, while managing to pick up another wage.

#hownottoplayertrade

Marcel Brands isn’t a medical professional. In fact the club has many of those employed/hired to perform due diligence which in the case of Gbamin I suspect they didn’t do.

Loose Idrissa, manage to spend close to 40 mill on two centre midfielders and produce an eyesore of a non functional mess of a centre midfield all season, while managing to pick up another wage.

#hownottoplayertrade
Injuries are part & parcel of the game and we have been very unlucky unfortunately.
I still think 30mil for gana was a good deal.

Marcel Brands isn’t a medical professional. In fact the club has many of those employed/hired to perform due diligence which in the case of Gbamin I suspect they didn’t do.
In 6 seasons, 2013-14 - 218-2019.
He played over 30 games every season apart from 1, where he played 26.

You wouldn’t say that’s the form of an injury prone player would you?

I think this just comes down to horrendous luck for both him and Everton.

Maybe they did miss something in the medical. The fact that the injuries are for separate problems suggests they didn’t, but maybe they did.

His position, box to box/running everywhere midfielder is a tough one though. Maybe it’s a position where a player’s body gives out earlier? The same happened with McCarthy when he got into his mid 20s.

I don’t know. It’s gutting. Feel bad for the guy, but I’m also gutted for us because once again Gomes is the only decent option we have in the middle.

Maybe Holgate can step in again? But that means we’ve got to put Keane in central defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.