Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, there are plenty of things to resolve. CL places, Europe and relegation all on a knife edge. I’m not sure wrestling is a decent comparison to football.

These boards, Twitter, newspapers, telly re-runs have been pretty fertile with football stuff since lockdown. That indicates an appetite to watch actual football.

It won’t be a patch on normal football but it’s still football.

Well there won’t be a CL next season, so that’s off the table for a start. I also think relegation will be taken out of it as well, as the Championship, League 1 and 2 will all be cancelled creating a domino effect. There will be absolute zero to play for. 9 pre-season friendlies.

In conclusion - no one will be arsed.

Well there won’t be a CL next season, so that’s off the table for a start. I also think relegation will be taken out of it as well, as the Championship, League 1 and 2 will all be cancelled creating a domino effect. There will be absolute zero to play for. 9 pre-season friendlies.

In conclusion - no one will be arsed.
You might be right. All of the above might happen. It’s not been unimaginable. As it stands, though, promotions and relegations are happening in the four divisions (although no relegation from Lg2 due to Bury).

You might be right. All of the above might happen. It’s not been unimaginable. As it stands, though, promotions and relegations are happening in the four divisions (although no relegation from Lg2 due to Bury).

So no relegation from League 2, but 4 promotions from it????????

How are the relegation places in the Championship and League 1 going to be decided? Points per game?

So no relegation from League 2, but 4 promotions from it????????

How are the relegation places in the Championship and League 1 going to be decided? Points per game?
PPG Lg1. I think Championship want to get it finished

Three promotions from Lg2 but two coming down.

I read today that the majority of the clubs are understandably not keen on handing back the £340m the TV companies are demanding for the season not being completed as it was originally intended. Bizarrely the TV companies are still going to show the games, they just don't want to pay for them. The premierleague are recommending that the clubs take the deal and hand the cash back.

I'm not really sure why this is, I get that the stadiums will be empty, but people will still be paying the subscriptions to watch the games, so why shouldn't the clubs get the money?

They have also spoke about having more games televised and having none of them kick off at the same time, so there would be live games on Sky and BT from Friday night through till Sunday night, but the clubs would still have to repay the £340m. I think this will push the league to creating their own channel or streaming service

I read today that the majority of the clubs are understandably not keen on handing back the £340m the TV companies are demanding for the season not being completed as it was originally intended. Bizarrely the TV companies are still going to show the games, they just don't want to pay for them. The premierleague are recommending that the clubs take the deal and hand the cash back.

I'm not really sure why this is, I get that the stadiums will be empty, but people will still be paying the subscriptions to watch the games, so why shouldn't the clubs get the money?

They have also spoke about having more games televised and having none of them kick off at the same time, so there would be live games on Sky and BT from Friday night through till Sunday night, but the clubs would still have to repay the £340m. I think this will push the league to creating their own channel or streaming service
Thing is Sky and BT have still got the subscription money from everyone, so they havent lost out whatever happens.
Plus if the games are played the viewing figures will be low anyway since most fans wont care to watch a meaningless training session.

All sides are just trying to calls each others bluff, there will be one winner, the clubs and one loser, the fans.

Thing is Sky and BT have still got the subscription money from everyone, so they havent lost out whatever happens.
Plus if the games are played the viewing figures will be low anyway since most fans wont care to watch a meaningless training session.

All sides are just trying to calls each others bluff, there will be one winner, the clubs and one loser, the fans.

I think some people are so starved of football they will tune in no matter what and watch more games than they would normally, just out of boredom.

If the league does start again, will it carry on from where we left off, ie. Everton v Liverpool, and where will it be played?

Yes, it should and that game would be at Goodison. We have a decent record in recent home derbies. It won't quite be the same watching it behind closed doors.
It looks June 17th restart (City v Arsenal) and our first game will be this, the following weekend.

I am not sure this is true at all. I can only speak for the US but viewing figures are up on basically anything sports related right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.