FA Cup Final 1995

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it live, at midnight here, and I remember a Melbourne newspaper match report suggesting that Everton's prospects of more success was probably
brighter than Man Utd's. I've still got the video somewhere, but......

Am I right in thinking that all but two of the starting line up - Limpar & Parkinson - were brought to the Club by Howard Kendall?

Though can't remember if Kendall bought Hinchcliffe or Harvey did.

Joe Parkinson, now there was an honest pro who put in a shift regularly and was rightly appreciated by the fans for it. Very sad that he had to retire that early.

Am I right in thinking that all but two of the starting line up - Limpar & Parkinson - were brought to the Club by Howard Kendall?

Though can't remember if Kendall bought Hinchcliffe or Harvey did.
Harvey brought him in, but Kendall was very much involved in the transfer

My greatest day as an Evertonian, and perhaps I didn't appreciate it as much as I should of at the time.

As scrappy as we were that season in the league, we played some great stuff in the cup, dominantly sweeping aside all that came before us after the scrappy tie away at Bristol.

We had Kanchelskis in for the following season and were magnificent at times. Loads of impressive results. I've always felt we were a prolific goalscorer away from from really challenging, but it wasn't to be.

The way Royle came in and changed us from hopeless to a squad with a winning mentality was some feat. It's something I'm hoping Ancelotti will repeat.

The minute Royle came in everything changed, beat the Pool and Chelsea away straight after (the last win at the bridge) we just became really hard to beat. Hinchcliffe's corner kicks became our main asset, the Fa cup run was a great boost, nobody rested players back then, Spurs with Kilinsman were everyone's darlings, they won at the Pit in the quarter final and the dream? Final was Spurs v Utd.. But we battered them in the Semi. Can't believe it's 25 years ago, it was the first trophy i coulf really appreciate as i was young in 85/87, i didn't think we would have to wait this long, embarrassing really.

Had a brilliant day ,down by train with a load of my mates, the passion of the fans was matched by the players on the pitch.
What the hell the club were playing at later letting Royle resign I will never know , last real manager we have had that knew how to get a winning team on the pitch agaist the so called big teams (hopefully the present one will do it in the future).
Lots of memories of that day,from start to finish, actually stayed sober till afterwards so can recall most of it

The minute Royle came in everything changed, beat the Pool and Chelsea away straight after (the last win at the bridge) we just became really hard to beat. Hinchcliffe's corner kicks became our main asset, the Fa cup run was a great boost, nobody rested players back then, Spurs with Kilinsman were everyone's darlings, they won at the Pit in the quarter final and the dream? Final was Spurs v Utd.. But we battered them in the Semi. Can't believe it's 25 years ago, it was the first trophy i coulf really appreciate as i was young in 85/87, i didn't think we would have to wait this long, embarrassing really.
I was watching the Spurs match in the local and, when the fourth went in I gave the Spurs fans beside me a rousing rendition of 'Oh Danny Boy'.

Had a brilliant day ,down by train with a load of my mates, the passion of the fans was matched by the players on the pitch.
What the hell the club were playing at later letting Royle resign I will never know , last real manager we have had that knew how to get a winning team on the pitch agaist the so called big teams (hopefully the present one will do it in the future).
Lots of memories of that day,from start to finish, actually stayed sober till afterwards so can recall most of it
We got two white stretch limos from the alehouse about 16 of us filled with ale had parking arrange in a factory near the ground then a in a pub near by which was mostly full of mancs but no bother at all.
Then a stop off and sing song at Warwick on the way back.
Brilliant day

Status
Not open for further replies.