2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also don't get the dislike for him on here. He is an honest pro, works hard and is a good finisher. He will have an excellent career at Championship/Turkish league level. Just doesn't have the pace/athleticism to contribute enough at Prem level. He has done nothing wrong, the everton recruitment team like in all bar about 1 signing in the last 3 years are to blame.

Cenk Tosun talks about his hopes for the future in this interview shortly after signing for Everton FC in January 2018.

Also don't get the dislike for him on here. He is an honest pro, works hard and is a good finisher. He will have an excellent career at Championship/Turkish league level. Just doesn't have the pace/athleticism to contribute enough at Prem level. He has done nothing wrong, the everton recruitment team like in all bar about 1 signing in the last 3 years are to blame.

Sorry 9 goals in 44 appearances is no indication of being a good finisher.

Don't dislike him but he has a far higher estimation of his finishing than reality attests.

I remember he posted a video of a goal he scored for Eintracht Frankfurt many moons ago basically saying something along the lines of that it shows he has talent and it would show soon here.

It never did.

Last edited:

All things considered, he has to one of the worst purchases in the clubs history.

Probably up there for the money spent and the lack of return. Mad how probably our top 5 worst purchases are all from the last few years.

I still can't get me head around how bad Klassen was though. He looked absolutely woeful in the Europa League final but I genuinely thought that must be a one off and we were gonna get a fella who makes dynamic midfield runs and slots and is a leader. He'll go down for me as the worst purchase of the lot. Watching him play for the U23's and get outshone by kids deemed not good enough for the 1st team was grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.