Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need to move quick. World class player who wants to come to us
Lol, any manager/DoF looking to pay this 32 year old crock £100k a week needs their head examining. I'm sure Carlo and Marcel have zero interest even on half the wages. Brenda'll give him a place on their treatment table.

Our current central midfield would see us relegated next season
But we weren’t relegated this season with our current midfield?
excellent analysis
It will see us go absolutely nowhere that’s for sure. It’s one of the weakest central midfields I’ve ever seen at Everton. I hold the opinion that two new top quality central midfielders are required if we want to progress beyond being mid table dross for ever more.
Agreed it definitely needs work but people love exagerating and throwing around the term relegation
Clearly it wouldn't relegate us but there's no bite, very little creativity and few goals. It's pretty weak and needs at least one new player if not more.

Schneiderlin and Siggurdson in a midfield two would be given the run around by lower league midfields. If those two are anywhere near the first team come the start of next season we may as well write the season off before a ball has been kicked. Two horribly horribly shocking midfielders.

Funny how everyone on here sees us linked with about 50 players from random sports sites all over the world and everyone’s whacking down a brand new starting eleven, formations etc like everything’s credible. When the local journalist, who has access to finch farm a few times a week writes one saying we ain’t spending much, it gets dismissed as a load of garbage. I get that PK may not be as connected as Joyce but they’re all in the clique who meet with members of staff. Maybe it could be a tactic by the club to dampen expectations and feed a story out to the local newspaper but I honestly can’t see us going out and spending 100 mill +. A centre back, centre mid and winger I reckon for about 20 mill each and a couple off the wage bill.

Funny how everyone on here sees us linked with about 50 players from random sports sites all over the world and everyone’s whacking down a brand new starting eleven, formations etc like everything’s credible. When the local journalist, who has access to finch farm a few times a week writes one saying we ain’t spending much, it gets dismissed as a load of garbage. I get that PK may not be as connected as Joyce but they’re all in the clique who meet with members of staff. Maybe it could be a tactic by the club to dampen expectations and feed a story out to the local newspaper but I honestly can’t see us going out and spending 100 mill +. A centre back, centre mid and winger I reckon for about 20 mill each and a couple off the wage bill.
Donarumammamama
Dani Alves - Thiago Silva - Nesta - Digne
Luis Figo - Gomes - Delph - Rivaldo
Bobby Calvert Lewin - Rico9​

It’s a very strange story for me. As Kirkbride never ever normally says anything, even when we are on the verge of a signing. Has he ever broken a transfer story first?

Did the club tell him to write that, to like you say dampen down expectation. And to let other clubs know we haven’t got a lot money. Or is it 3rd hard whispers, the type that Alan Myers gets.

If you believe him, then surely Hwang. Is one of our main targets. Interesting how he all so said, don’t expect big signings, but it will be quality over quantity. Which doesn’t make a lot of sense imo.

One player I'd be taking a serious look at for the central midfield position is Carlton Palmer from 1991. Tall, strong, good in the tackle and can dominate the play with errant touches from deep. Obligatory highlights video:

Now that is a video! Gives us a great idea of how good a player Carlton was in his prime! Much better than someone doing kickie ups while they sort the bibs out...

Centre midfield we could go with Gomes, Gbamin, Delph, Davies and Holgate could step up in an emergency.

Right wing we have Theo Walcott. Right back we have a past it Coleman and Kenny.

Are you suggesting that if the 2 centre mid positions were Gbamin + Gomes.

Then thats weaker than Coleman+ Walcott?

Personally i dont agree.
Problem is Zat, Gbamin may never recover properly? Even if he does, one injury to him or Gomes and we are back in same boat. I don’t think Delph is reliable enough either. I agree a top right back would be brilliant, but if I could only bolster one position, I would rather get a CM personally.

Problem is Zat, Gbamin may never recover properly? Even if he does, one injury to him or Gomes and we are back in same boat. I don’t think Delph is reliable enough either. I agree a top right back would be brilliant, but if I could only bolster one position, I would rather get a CM personally.

One injury to Walcott...or Coleman ? It worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.