Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the links to Cengiz Under when at the very same club there is Nicolio Zaniolo.... he is the type of player i’d love on the right... signed a 5 year contract with Roma last year he’s only 20 and well...

nothing like a fire youtube video to help lol

probably cost about £30-35m so similar sort of money, i’m sure Carlo would be well aware of him

I'd love Zainolo but not sure hed come here presently.

Not necessarily. If you really want the player and its conditional youd go that way.

I think we sign 2 defenders.

I hope we get Gabriel and Todibo then go with Holgate + Mina and sell Keane.

We would still need another defender at right back of course. Probably also a young up and coming left back as well...unless the idea is to go with Digne/Baines/Delph then clear a pathway for Small to come up in another 1-2 seasons to be behind Digne...

I don’t understand the links to Cengiz Under when at the very same club there is Nicolio Zaniolo.... he is the type of player i’d love on the right... signed a 5 year contract with Roma last year he’s only 20 and well...

nothing like a fire youtube video to help lol

probably cost about £30-35m so similar sort of money, i’m sure Carlo would be well aware of him

I get the felling Roma rate Zaniolo a lot higher than under. And would rather keep him until the market picks up than sell him cheap.

I hope we get Gabriel and Todibo then go with Holgate + Mina and sell Keane.

We would still need another defender at right back of course. Probably also a young up and coming left back as well...unless the idea is to go with Digne/Baines/Delph then clear a pathway for Small to come up in another 1-2 seasons to be behind Digne...

If money is going to be tight, then I don’t see us signing 2 CB’s. I think we will go with just 3 next season. And maybe a midfielder like Gbamin could play there in an injury crisis. Or a new signing. Like koopminers from AZ who has also played CB.

I think its a key (if not THE key position we need) as well as right wing.

Coleman / Kenny
Walcott

Those are our options on the right...

Weve seen with both Coleman and Sidibe the opposition just targets them every match. Bringing Emerson in gives us another dynamic there.

Agree the right side is short of options and I’d like a right back, but if we’ve only got limited funds (which I think we will) then a quality center mid or right winger would be the best place to spend it.

Other teams do target our right flank but I’d say the best way to counter that is having a genuine threat of our own further up the field. Spending proper money on a right back is a luxury we can’t really afford this window.

I get the felling Roma rate Zaniolo a lot higher than under. And would rather keep him until the market picks up than sell him cheap.
Zaniolo is not going anywhere at the moment, Roma want to build their team around him. I notice we are being linked with Hwang Hee Chan the Salzburg player the last few days, he could be a decent option down the right, also can play upfront and just the fact he gave VVD the run around in the CL games should make it worthwhile.

Centre midfield we could go with Gomes, Gbamin, Delph, Davies and Holgate could step up in an emergency.

Right wing we have Theo Walcott. Right back we have a past it Coleman and Kenny.

Are you suggesting that if the 2 centre mid positions were Gbamin + Gomes.

Then thats weaker than Coleman+ Walcott?

Personally i dont agree.
So, let's go with "inconsistent, who the hell knows, absolutely crap, beyond absolutely crap and a defender".

Right, great ideas.

Zaniolo is not going anywhere at the moment, Roma want to build their team around him. I notice we are being linked with Hwang Hee Chan the Salzburg player the last few days, he could be a decent option down the right, also can play upfront and just the fact he gave VVD the run around in the CL games should make it worthwhile.
Don’t know a
Lot about him, but has some very good reviews.
And the price looks good. Wolves were strongly linked in January.

If money is going to be tight, then I don’t see us signing 2 CB’s. I think we will go with just 3 next season. And maybe a midfielder like Gbamin could play there in an injury crisis. Or a new signing. Like koopminers from AZ who has also played CB.
Agree the right side is short of options and I’d like a right back, but if we’ve only got limited funds (which I think we will) then a quality center mid or right winger would be the best place to spend it.

Other teams do target our right flank but I’d say the best way to counter that is having a genuine threat of our own further up the field. Spending proper money on a right back is a luxury we can’t really afford this window.
So, let's go with "inconsistent, who the hell knows, absolutely crap, beyond absolutely crap and a defender".

Right, great ideas.
Don’t know a
Lot about him, but has some very good reviews.
And the price looks good. Wolves were strongly linked in January.

On Zaniolo: I reckon he'd still be £60mil or something, Roma would probably prefer to sell anyone apart from him though.

On Centre backs: I think we'll be after two and sell Keane. He only has 2 years on his deal so we would need to sell now, if we keep him another year then his value will be low anyway. My guess is we'd get £15mil for him.

I imagine we will splash a fair bit of cash.

On Priorities:
The centre 2 of Gbamin / Gomes (with Delph, Davies, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson also there and Holgate as emergency)

OR
The right 2 of Coleman / Walcott (with kenny as backup)

Its clearly the right side which is weaker and an injury/suspension away from having huge problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.