Old Everton Pictures

Checked my EFC stats Bible - spot on the home game before that was 19, 000 we finished 10th that season ...end of season games?

Even so it was the last day of the Gwladys Street. The terrace itself held 14000. So maybe 12000 there, 9 away fans as it was Luton, 7900 in the rest of the ground. Seems low even if we allowed bunking in and tax dodging.

....I think John McMahon was on the books of us or our neighbours.
Yes Eggs, John McMahon was on Everton’s books as a youngster but mostly played non league football all of his playing days but was a coach at various clubs like Tranmere, did two years coaching Liverpool reserves and was assistant manager at Tranmere, don’t know if he is still in the game. Tommy ( Tucker) was a mate of mine growing up, he lived in the four squares, Soho Street, a very good footballer, played in the same school team as me although he was two years younger, he was the dad of Stevie and John.

Yes Eggs, John McMahon was on Everton’s books as a youngster but mostly played non league football all of his playing days but was a coach at various clubs like Tranmere, did two years coaching Liverpool reserves and was assistant manager at Tranmere, don’t know if he is still in the game. Tommy ( Tucker) was a mate of mine growing up, he lived in the four squares, Soho Street, a very good footballer, played in the same school team as me although he was two years younger, he was the dad of Stevie and John.

...I thought Steve McMahon was outstanding when he broke into the Everton team. Amazing how his physical shape changed, becoming much thicker set after he joined the Reds. John Barnes had a similar transformation.

1590171803692.png

...I thought Steve McMahon was outstanding when he broke into the Everton team. Amazing how his physical shape changed, becoming much thicker set after he joined the Reds. John Barnes had a similar transformation.
You could tell Steve Macmahon was going to make the grade - he decided otherwise .....
He was brilliant at times for us as a young player ......we lost him and David Johnson to the other lot ......via other clubs ....

Once Gordon Lee gave Stevie his chance he took it with both hands, he was a committed Evertonian, like his dad, growing up, and he was proud to wear the blue shirt and gave his all in every game he played for the club. He fell out with Kendall over wages. Stevie was on a third of the money Heath and Dave Johnson were on and asked for a rise, Howard offered him another £25, he was on £300 a week at the time, the other two were on £900, Stevie was on his way after that, was offered more money than Villa had offered him but had given his word he would sign for Villa. Mind you he was only there the one season I think.