Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
there’s loads of players in the Real Madrid squad id like to see here. Hopefully Carlo still has some sway over their non first team players who may fancy regular football.

Very rich potential recruiting ground. Even if its just for loans. The same with Barca too, they will need to move people on. Would look at Umtiti.

I know. But that article was about sales not signings.

My guess is Bale will be told leave or be left out of the squad come 2021. That will sort that and they'll be good to go.

I think he posted it as i have been saying Real linked to Gabriel doesnt seem feasible due to the non EU players.

Very rich potential recruiting ground. Even if its just for loans. The same with Barca too, they will need to move people on. Would look at Umtiti.

I wonder if Rodrygo on loan to play on the right could be a good move...him and Walcott there for a season would save a bundle on transfer fees for other positions.

Also if we had 3 in the centre, Gomes and Isco would be tasty with a more defensive player there as well.

Yes although other posters were suggesting we simply wait until the end of the window when, I imagine those in demand players will be gone.
Yup, basically you get aggressive early, and if they dont take your price either you pay more, or you make it clear you are moving on to another player and may no longer be in the market to get them motivated. I think you try and get some deals by waiting to the end, but you cant fill the whole team out that way unless you are a genius and really read the market well.

Fortunately we have Brands!

Not only that but he's a guy who is good when he has guys in front of him to hit with the ball. That becomes harder in a less fluid formation like 4-4-2.
True, in essence he’s a player who would be better if he had better players around him, in that our current midfield is nowhere near good enough to play a more fluid style. Though, Carlo has a tendency to be quite a pragmatic coach and I feel we will start playing more fluid football in the future when he starts to get players of the quality that meet his standards in, in that respect I reckon Iwobi is useful to hang on to for now

It will be gone after City's lawyers tear them a new one, anti competition rules won't stand up to any decent scrutiny. It was only a matter of time before these rules were challenged properly.. come on City.... then we bring in Uzzy.

I'm not saying that this necessarily relates to Everton, but I’m sure that there will be more than one owner that will be disappointed to find out they can no longer hide behind FFP.

It would also be interesting to see how some Evertonians react. I swear there is a mental block amongst some Evertonians when it comes to real progress and real investment, like their subconscious is unable to accept it.

Just for example, I’m still seeing people advocate some kind of ‘slow and steady progress’ model online. God knows why, as it’s a model that has never got anyone anywhere, including Everton over the past 25 years.

It will be gone after City's lawyers tear them a new one, anti competition rules won't stand up to any decent scrutiny. It was only a matter of time before these rules were challenged properly.. come on City.... then we bring in Uzzy.

This is a game changer for us if this is binned. I could see you throwing down "Koeman Transfer Numbers" hopefully not Koeman Signings tho

FFP being scrapped would help us in the short term to put the boosters on but long term I think it would hurt us.

It wouldn't just be Everton suddenly spending more. FFP in it's current model is a racket to protect the establishment clubs but some sort of regulation would be a good thing. Shame it will never come in to make the Premier League a fair and even competition.

I'm not saying that this necessarily relates to Everton, but I’m sure that there will be more than one owner that will be disappointed to find out they can no longer hide behind FFP.

It would also be interesting to see how some Evertonians react. I swear there is a mental block amongst some Evertonians when it comes to real progress and real investment, like their subconscious is unable to accept it.

Just for example, I’m still seeing people advocate some kind of ‘slow and steady progress’ model online. God knows why, as it’s a model that has never got anyone anywhere, including Everton over the past 25 years.
The alternative model employed over the last number of seasons has hardly been a resounding success either.

FFP being scrapped would help us in the short term to put the boosters on but long term I think it would hurt us.

If we make the jump to regular European football season on season before we get to Bramley Moore, we will be cashing in bigger commercial and sponsor deals.

We also have deadwood to carve out between those years plus transfers out too. We are in a great position in terms of the Covid Impact to Football plus our owners are still financially powerful enough.

4 great signings:
Right Back
Centre Back
Defensive Midfielder
Right Winger

We get it right off the pitch and we'll definitely get it right on it.

Reactions: Tez

Status
Not open for further replies.