2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the thread got bumped and I saw something I had a thought about.

At least I'm not talking about Pickford...

Any desire to respond to my actual message? Do you think our creative players are good enough?
The same thought you have over and over? I don't think our creative players are good enough but we need a creative player in the middle of the park as a priority compared with our wide players.

I’m not convinced he can drop deeper, into a midfield position and help the team from a midfield/defensive situation.

And it’s quite telling imo, Ancelotti has left him out of away games. Looking how he set up at Napoli, he very rarely played with 2 wide players, zelinski and Ruiz would play wide left at times.

I didn't really mean to drop deeper mate. I meant as in he can cut inside and occupy that no.10 spot with two strikers creating that space for him - with Digne flying down the left.

We saw this to great impact against Brighton (IIRC) at home, Burnley and Newcastle just after Carlo took over. He didn't manage it as much v Palace but was in the right place at the right time to finish off the chance which came his way.

They might have been significant then, I’d say the last two seasons will be of more importance to any buying clubs, maybe we will find out in the future. I wouldn’t buy him now, would you?

Give me some more clues from the last two seasons, the one’s you have given might have had some merit three years ago, the many, many cock ups of the last two seasons should be enough to make most clubs wary of signing him.

I think we're debating two different things here.

The fact that he has made a few cock ups in the last few years hasnt stopped his profile increasing tenfold.

I think your argument is that he hasnt improved ability-wise since we signed him, which is a fair shout. But the fact that his reputation and profile in the game has increased so much in those years means his value is now much higher, thats what im getting at.

Anyway, as someone else mentioned, we're in the Bernard thread so enough about Pickford!

I heard no fee = big wages and 120k was quoted, theres probably a site somewhere gives the SP

Yeh I was only kidding haha. All footie players are overpaid. I know he doesn't score or assist loads but he does a lot of good work, we play better with him in the team and him preoccupying defenders means Digne, who's been average all season, can still get assists.

Yeh I was only kidding haha. All footie players are overpaid. I know he doesn't score or assist loads but he does a lot of good work, we play better with him in the team and him preoccupying defenders means Digne, who's been average all season, can still get assists.
You little minx

Hes on 125k a week, our highest wage earner.

The highest wage earner at a club thats spent 450mill over the last few years and wants to challenge the top 6 and 4 and we have Bernard to show for it lol.

Hes never, ever going to be a regular player in a top 6 side in the top leagues end of.

Ancelloti has already hauled him off t half time twice away from home - thats all you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.