Old Everton Pictures

I was there as well , probably more blues at this game than Burnley fans .
A vital well after a poor run of form
Our form faltered Harvey eye injury, bally 5 game suspension than god for a certain Alan Whittle who scored for fun in the run in ....
That's why Colin Harvey always stated the two seasons before we played better football as the title pressure got to us in the 2nd half of the season ... our great start helped us to lift the title ......

What we lost with his transfer, part 479:

Hate seeing him in red.
What a team that Dirty Leeds were though. Hit men from 1-11 but boy could they play. Bremner and Giles were fantastic - as were Lorimer, Clarke, Jones, Cooper, Gray etc.I remember them taking liberties with Southampton - winning 7-0 I think but showing off with every move. Also remember those little flags on the socks.

Hate seeing him in red.
What a team that Dirty Leeds were though. Hit men from 1-11 but boy could they play. Bremner and Giles were fantastic - as were Lorimer, Clarke, Jones, Cooper, Gray etc.I remember them taking liberties with Southampton - winning 7-0 I think but showing off with every move. Also remember those little flags on the socks.

Strewth - I inadvertently managed to post, after about a dozen failures, a Gif of one of the worst decisions of the 70s.

As you can see above, Brum, at 3-3, had a perfectly good goal disallowed at Anfield, presumably for possession of blue shirts.

Apologies for the confusion. Back to drooling in the armchair & the care attendant.

14th March 1977- Everton fans queue for League Cup tickets at Goodison Park
1589992883128.jpeg

February 1980 - as a prelude to the Rovers FA Cup tie v Aston Villa, the Rovers boss, Howard Kendall invited ex Rovers greats Keith Newton and Bryan Douglas to join the training session. Keith, Duncan McKenzie and Howard look on as Bryan Douglas prepares for action. -
when I lived in NE Lancashire Bryan had a DIY stall on Clitheroe market with a sign up ex Blackburn rovers striker - how times change -
1589998516643.png

14th March 1977- Everton fans queue for League Cup tickets at Goodison Park
View attachment 87503
Much as I love the 68/70 and 84-87 sides, the team from 1977 will always make me smile. Beat a Peter Reid Bolton in the semi I think. I was at the final v Villa at Wembley - no ticket - slapped a fiver down on the turnstile and in I went. Footy was average - 0-0 - but the whole day was electric. Another cruel defeat after a 2nd replay. that was a great team with Superlatch, Dobbo, Duncan etc and we should really have won something. Too many near misses in our history.