Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP was implemented to make sure clubs didnt overspend and thus cease to exist.

Never has it been more needed.

Ive seen a few people say UEFA would do it to help pump more money into the game, but clubs lacking money makes them need the money UEFA give them more.

Basically UEFA couldnt care less if all its clubs are skint.

I dont know about that...i mean there will need to be money going down all the pyramids...

FFP was implemented to make sure clubs didnt overspend and thus cease to exist.

Never has it been more needed.

Ive seen a few people say UEFA would do it to help pump more money into the game, but clubs lacking money makes them need the money UEFA give them more.

Basically UEFA couldnt care less if all its clubs are skint.
No it was implemented to protect the big clubs that couldn't get their crap together like Milan from being overtaken by other clubs who are bought by billionaires and given tons of money to spend like Chelsea with Abromovich and City and PSG with the Arabs. The big clubs realized that if a club with no history at all could be a European power in 5 years like that then they were always on the chopping block.

The "it'll protect clubs" thing was a guise to get them to agree to it but if it really was doing that situations like Bolten and Bury wouldn't be happening while the game is still flush with money. It was all a greedy scam.

I dont know about that...i mean there will need to be money going down all the pyramids...

Why?
No it was implemented to protect the big clubs that couldn't get their crap together like Milan from being overtaken by other clubs who are bought by billionaires and given tons of money to spend like Chelsea with Abromovich and City and PSG with the Arabs. The big clubs realized that if a club with no history at all could be a European power in 5 years like that then they were always on the chopping block.

The "it'll protect clubs" thing was a guise to get them to agree to it but if it really was doing that situations like Bolten and Bury wouldn't be happening while the game is still flush with money. It was all a greedy scam.

Oh I know its real reason for existing.

Im talking about the reason UEFA SAID it was implemented.

Why?

Because a lot of clubs rely on player sales to bring in income to survive...also there could be a lot of players wanting to move clubs and prevented from doing so due to FFP so you could have extreme cases of players downing tools...then crying about frustration and restraint of trade.

Who knows...its all a bit bizarre

Because a lot of clubs rely on player sales to bring in income to survive...also there could be a lot of players wanting to move clubs and prevented from doing so due to FFP so you could have extreme cases of players downing tools...then crying about frustration and restraint of trade.

Who knows...its all a bit bizarre

If clubs need money they can sell players.

If clubs need money they can sell players.

Yes mate but if there are no buyers then they need to drop the price.

If they drop the price they may need to sell more players to keep going.

Then there is a domino effect all the way down where clubs lose a lot of money and as we have seen will cease to operate.

Yes mate but if there are no buyers then they need to drop the price.

If they drop the price they may need to sell more players to keep going.

Then there is a domino effect all the way down where clubs lose a lot of money and as we have seen will cease to operate.

And your answer to this is to allow PSG and City to spend what they want, thus making a mockery of the whole FFP.

You have the answer above, if clubs need money they sell players and stop offering wages they cant afford.

I can see a minor temporary tweak regarding FFP, but nothing earth shattering.

Why?

But if that's the goal there is enough evidence of it not working for clubs to come together and want it tossed. It isn't insignificant that what they said it was for isn't what it is actually doing. The problem is the clubs wanting it removed or reconfigured won't be any of the ones UEFA is beholden to.

But if that's the goal there is enough evidence of it not working for clubs to come together and want it tossed. It isn't insignificant that what they said it was for isn't what it is actually doing. The problem is the clubs wanting it removed or reconfigured won't be any of the ones UEFA is beholden to.

I think theres probably about 5 or 6 clubs that would be happy to see it go.

The rest are happy its there.

The amount of owners who "invest" in their clubs can be counted on 1 hand.

And for what its worth, I think Moshiri is quite happy he has FFP to hide behind.

I think theres probably about 5 or 6 clubs that would be happy to see it go.

The rest are happy its there.

The amount of owners who "invest" in their clubs can be counted on 1 hand.

And for what its worth, I think Moshiri is quite happy he has FFP to hide behind.
I think a lot of clubs are indifferent to it. For example it isn't keeping a team like Brentford from overspending and going bust because it just happened to Bolton, but there is also no way that it keeps them from competing because they can't anyway. So if an alternative that actually was designed to help clubs and not just as a way to protect the rich came along, maybe they'd jump, but right now it really just doesn't matter.

20200520_041022.jpg

I would deffo say Yes 25 and PL proven just a worry about the PL tax. We really need a ball winner in our midfield as Sig is a statue and Gomes although a good player just gives away fouls when he tries to win the ball back. Richy being our best tackler says everything about our midfield. Gana really was underrated in how valuable he was.

I would deffo say Yes 25 and PL proven just a worry about the PL tax. We really need a ball winner in our midfield as Sig is a statue and Gomes although a good player just gives away fouls when he tries to win the ball back. Richy being our best tackler says everything about our midfield. Gana really was underrated in how valuable he was.
He only has s year left on his deal, while Gana was world class abd tackling and getting the ball back. He was limited on the ball, he did show a bit more towards the end of his Everton career, but still nothing special.

And the top teams don’t tend to have tacklers need to top of the tackling stats, as they have a lot more possession. So I would rather us buy midfielders, that don’t just tackle, but can also offer more than Gana could.

He only has year left on his deal, while Gana was world class abd tackling and getting the ball back. He was limited on the ball, he did show a bit more towards the end of his Everton career, but still nothing special.

And the top teams don’t tend to have tacklers need to top of the tackling stats, as they have a lot more possession. So I would rather us buy midfielders, that don’t just tackle, but can also offer more than Gana could.

Fernadinho for City, I know hes tidy on the ball as all of City are but he plays a massive part in stopping city getting counter attacked even throwing in tactical fouls. Fabinho for the RS does a similar role and excels at it. Leicester are the type of team we are competing with and Ndidi is vital to that team.

Also we are miles away from being anything like a top team so we need to stop thinking we are and complete midfielders arent going to look us twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.