New Everton Stadium Discussion

The decision could come at any day now.

A decision won't suddenly come out of the blue for a project on this scale. You'll hear the date of the planning meeting in advance (I guess we're talking virtual these days), and anyone who wants to support or object will be able to "attend". If it's anything like ours it'll be at least one public meeting, a few hours long, live streamed on the council website for anyone who wants to watch.

Looking at the planning app site for BMD, there's no date set for the meeting yet, but after 3rd June the club can appeal if it hasn't got a decision either way. I would guess under the current circumstances the club isn't going to push too hard unless they really think they're being messed about.

They say no news is good news, but I worry that the longer this goes without hearing anything the more I think it is going to be turned down. This is based on nothing more than `this is Everton` and theyve let me down alot before! I was gutted about kings Dock...

They say no news is good news, but I worry that the longer this goes without hearing anything the more I think it is going to be turned down. This is based on nothing more than `this is Everton` and theyve let me down alot before! I was gutted about kings Dock...

Chances are the planners have asked for clarification on some stuff, (there were pages and pages in the application), and that plus the current situation has created a delay.

Planning applications that are refused are usually refused quicker than approvals.

Also, there will be objections, we know there would have been, and maybe some of those are a little bit valid so need investigation.

....I’d have thought lockdown will have had an impact on virtually all governance process.

Probably just dealing with a backlog since the lockdown and subsequent shift to online planning meetings. It is also not a small extension they can whizz through, the overrun gives the appearance of thorough examination which was always needed to placate the rs fans.

I guess they will find something small and pointless that requires subtle changing (probably something to do with the pump house or dock wall) and then it will fly through.

Only £500m? It will end up much higher than that the way our engineering and construction companies price things.
Depends if the price of materials stays the same or not. The price for pretty much everything now is being driven down so why should this be any different?

Only £500m? It will end up much higher than that the way our engineering and construction companies price things.
They will hav to keep tight control. Government projects go massively overprice. We need to be like the millineum stadium. They wrote into the contract £100 million. Came in a bit over budget but the construction company bore that cost