Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

....Matty Longstaff from Newcastle rumours ramping up, out of contract this summer and talks on a new deal have stalled.

I'd be delighted to get him, though with the takeover talk coming out of Newcastle I'd be really surprised if we did. That being said, meant to be good friends with Gibson, who may have put in a surprising good word?

We seem to be targeting players with 12 months on deals or those out of contract. It's a smart play from Brands, particularly this summer where iney is tight, and clubs may have to let players go at a fraction of the cost and cant hoard them.

Weve seen this lad, Hojberg, an Argentinian right back all linked who have just 12 months. We obviously bought Kean last season. It's a smart ploy from Brands really.

Both longstaffs are lower end of the league in quality, only bigged up because the horse punchers will jump on any small morsel of hope they can and claim them as the next messiahs

so basically same as Barkley, davies, DCL and JJK?

Rabiot is a Loan Signing if I ever saw one.

Carlo knows him and brought him through PSG so link will always be there like half of the Napoli and any Italian player.

No doubting his Football ability if he is moaning about lack of game time, he will be first choice but really he isn't a full time buy because he'll bite us in the arse plus he is on £28m a year a Juve!

Rabiot is a Loan Signing if I ever saw one.

Carlo knows him and brought him through PSG so link will always be there like half of the Napoli and any Italian player.

No doubting his Football ability if he is moaning about lack of game time, he will be first choice but really he isn't a full time buy because he'll bite us in the arse plus he is on £28m a year a Juve!

He can't be on that much surely? I reckon it's been miss reported, £28 m per year is £538k per week, that's Bale, Ronaldo Neymar money. I reckon it's £28 m over his contract which if 5 years is about £110k per week.

Edit- he signed a four year contract so 28m would be about 138k per week.

Last edited:
He can't be on that much surely? I reckon it's been miss reported, £28 m per year is £538k per week, that's Bale, Ronaldo Neymar money. I reckon it's £28 m over his contract which if 5 years is about £110k per week.

Edit- he signed a four year contract so 28m would be about 138k per week.

....Calcio Mercato report £120k per week, with Newcastle prepared to offer more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.