Old Everton Pictures

1589475701094.png

54 years ago now I was walking down the long steps out of Wembley singing to the tune of She‘ ll be coming round the mountain...
”He’s the greatest little darkie in the land....”

And then meeting up with my Mum who didnt have a ticket and had waited all afternoon outside Wembley for me and my Dad

What a wonderful day

....isn’t that typical of a Mum. Wonderful story.

....magnificent strike that was. i’d be wanting him to take it further and draw the keeper, “don’t shoot from there Derek....what a goal”.
My dad always said he scored regularly like that so once he got the ball he was certain to score! That said, every time I see it I expect Springett to save it!! Like Inchy’s goal at Oxford!! One day it is not going in haha!

....I recognise all you say. My Mum was on the Everton Supporters Club committee and would queue 9 hours for my cup final tickets. I remember her making our rosettes for the ‘66 and ‘68 finals. Lovely memories.
She knitted me a jumper for the 66 final and many more after.
Funnily enough when she did suffer from Alzheimer’s we used to give her a ball of wool to play with. It all ended up in knots but kept her happy !

Went to every game round by round, both replays against City,
Colin Harvey scoring a goal... wow ...at Burnden Park against Man ,Utd. in the Semi.
Had Programme Vouchers and queued up for hours to get my Wembley Ticket.
Absolutely gobsmacked and crying at 2-0 down against Wednesday,
But what a comeback from Everton...as we all know ..won 3-2
Spent sometime in Trafalgar Square Fountains dyeing the water Blue and showing our banner
Everton The Gear....
Happy Days and Happy Memories
Still can,t remember what time we got back home.... ;)