Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Tom as a person, a bit of a character. But football wise I have seen no improvement. He loses the ball too easily, has not built up his physical strength so always seems to struggling with the ball when challenged. Been hoping he would kick on but it hasn't happened
Pre covid, I could see him being sold if we got a good offer. Him, Kenny and a handful of fringe youngsters could have brought in 30mil. I suppose that would look good on the bank sheet

I haven't seen anything in this lad yet. Not sure why he is an England international
The media seem to hype up English players who play for London clubs, plus Liverpool and Utd.

It was Eric Dier 3/4 yrs ago, I think most people watching him could see, apart from being a big strong lad in the middle of the park. He was bang average.

Pre covid, I could see him being sold if we got a good offer. Him, Kenny and a handful of fringe youngsters could have brought in 30mil. I suppose that would look good on the bank sheet
Baningame, Kenny, Davies can all go as far as I am concerned, as they are far, far off the standard required. Holgate and DCL are the only 'young' English lads worth keeping. Infact, we should be throwing Dowell and Feeney into that group to be sold as well.

Baningame, Kenny, Davies can all go as far as I am concerned, as they are far, far off the standard required. Holgate and DCL are the only 'young' English lads worth keeping. Infact, we should be throwing Dowell and Feeney into that group to be sold as well.
Just proves how big the jump is, we’ve had a lot of really talented lads, who have looked the part at 16/17.

I guess the bit i'm unsure of is, Holgate has done well recently but Davies under Koeman performed well. Davies seems like a bit of a lost identity. Each manager plays him differently.

When he plays well, like Holgate, I think they are both worth persevering with even if - like any other young player - they will be prone to inconsistency.

I guess the bit i'm unsure of is, Holgate has done well recently but Davies under Koeman performed well. Davies seems like a bit of a lost identity. Each manager plays him differently.

When he plays well, like Holgate, I think they are both worth persevering with even if - like any other young player - they will be prone to inconsistency.

...Davies can be a decent foil for the right partner (he played well with Gomes) but he’s quite laboured in his movement meaning he’s out the game when the opposition gets beyond him.

...Davies can be a decent foil for the right partner (he played well with Gomes) but he’s quite laboured in his movement meaning he’s out the game when the opposition gets beyond him.
I think Gomes and Davies would get destroyed most weeks in the prem as our midfield 2.
Both lack strength, poor defensively and both look quite slow.

In a 442. I would sacrifice a little bit of quality, for 2 midfielders, that have power, aggression and are great defensively. So they can basically stop the opposition from running the game. And leave it to our full backs, wide players and strikers to win the game.

Gomes & Davies got out classed at Chelsea, who had a couple of kids in midfield

You would be mad to sort a contract out while a Saudi billionaire is taking over.

You could add an extra 10k a week on
He should just sign it now. Forget the 10k per week. Rich owners with a new manager and transfer funds to blow could see no contract offered at all given his current level.

I think Gomes and Davies would get destroyed most weeks in the prem as our midfield 2.
Both lack strength, poor defensively and both look quite slow.

In a 442. I would sacrifice a little bit of quality, for 2 midfielders, that have power, aggression and are great defensively. So they can basically stop the opposition from running the game. And leave it to our full backs, wide players and strikers to win the game.

Gomes & Davies got out classed at Chelsea, who had a couple of kids in midfield
i don't think they got outclassed, I think they were out-mobilised (if that's the right term?).

The point about Gomes and Davies being a poor duo is correct against certain opposition but I don't think that is any indicator on the individual ability.

Carlo will definitely mix up his team, where he can, to give the best opportunity of defeating the opposition. But what are his options against the energy of Chelsea, for example?

Schneiderlin was injured but even he moves like a scarecrow. Delph was injured too wasn't he, if memory serves me well.

So we're stuck with what we had and got punished.

Te centre of the pitch needs major surgery but I think there should be a place in the squad for Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.