Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just get a bit tired of @Nymzee wumming.

He's just bored (?) and has chosen to argue about prices of players (which are all different per report anyway) and even if i spent some time finding the reports again he'd still find something to continue to argue about.

Its pointless to feed him.

You are the 1 wumming.

Listening to the media constantly.

@Nymzee asked of an example that prices have dropped and you posted media reports, come back to me when Mbappe moves for 40m.

'Tomorrow, Mbappe will cost €40m at most' - French politician predicts massive transfer market changes

I am confused by this.
I assume that a club could always offer a short term contract to a player and the player could accept or reject that offer.
I cannot see what is different here unless the suggestion is that if a club offers a short term contract to a player that he is obliged to sign... if that is the suggestion then I think the courts could be busy.
If, the season does run into July and we sign a player whose contract expired in June, can we play him ?
Maybe not vital to us, but if he helped us win a game against a team in the bottom three it could be important.
Yeah i've asked the same thing before, not seen any clarification on it anywhere. If a player can't play I would imagine that courts will be busy too, if we choose not to give Niasse, Martina etc new contracts (you'd assume that was a given, but who knows with Everton) and they're not allowed to play for another club then nobody's going to sign them are they. So I would have thought any affected player could say it was effectively a restriction of trade.

I am confused by this.
I assume that a club could always offer a short term contract to a player and the player could accept or reject that offer.
I cannot see what is different here unless the suggestion is that if a club offers a short term contract to a player that he is obliged to sign... if that is the suggestion then I think the courts could be busy.
If, the season does run into July and we sign a player whose contract expired in June, can we play him ?
Maybe not vital to us, but if he helped us win a game against a team in the bottom three it could be important.

To me, if a player has a contract signed till end of June then after that they're officially unemployed and we can sign them in July, August, November if we wanted to. I think it boils down when we could register them (is this only within a transfer window?). We could say say a Willian if we're still playing in the league in July as he's unemployed but I reckon the league would block us registering him.

Or do we even fall foul of when PL squad lists are registered? Does this not only happen twice per year?

You are the 1 wumming.

@Nymzee asked of an example that prices have dropped and you posted media reports, come back to me when Mbappe moves for 40m.

'Tomorrow, Mbappe will cost €40m at most' - French politician predicts massive transfer market changes

Wtf are you talking about...(rhetorical).

I posted players who Id like the club to target and their rumoured prices.

You 2 are just responding with nonsense at this point for the sake of it.

Wtf are you talking about...(rhetorical).

I posted players who Id like the club to target and their rumoured prices.

You 2 are just posting nonsense at this point for the sake of it.
bqc4euoqv2g01.gif

You are the 1 wumming.

Can’t believe Newcastle are selling him already, and for that little?!

You are the 1 wumming.

We can sign him for the under 23s.... or we could if he wasn't earning about 300k plus every week.

To me, if a player has a contract signed till end of June then after that they're officially unemployed and we can sign them in July, August, November if we wanted to. I think it boils down when we could register them (is this only within a transfer window?). We could say say a Willian if we're still playing in the league in July as he's unemployed but I reckon the league would block us registering him.

Or do we even fall foul of when PL squad lists are registered? Does this not only happen twice per year?
It is going to get very interesting when/if the season is restarted after July. Clubs fighting against relegation or chasing a spot in Europe will be keeping a very keen watch on this.

....interesting to read Wilmar Barrios saying he held talks with Everton and was expecting to join as a replacement for Idrissa Gueye only we managed to keep hold of the Senegal international a bit longer. I always thought the links to Barrios had some substance.
Didn’t he then go on to do his ACL by the time we’d sold Gueye or have I totally made that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.