Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, and it's the most likely outcome imo. Any loan of any sort for Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Sandro and Besic means that we will be saying goodbye to them forever this summer! Martina, Niasse and Stekelenburg are all out of contract as well.

Far from being lumbered with tonnes of deadwood, we are actually likely to get rid of most of it this summer.

Stek 30k
Garbutt 25k
Martina 30k
Baines 40k
Niasse 60k

The out of contract players are all on smallish wages.

Its the likes of

Tosun 60k
Bolaise 70k
Snides 120k
Sandro 105k
Besic 40k
Iceland 120k

That we REALLY need to shift.

710k a week in wages for players, Baines aside, that we really wouldnt miss.

Of course we could add others, but the above players could all probably leave the squad and wouldnt need replacing.

The likes of Keane, Walcott and others would.

The top 6 are so far ahead of us commercially it’s going to be difficult to bridge the gap. We don’t have european football either so there is only a ceiling as to what we earn commercially. We are lucky to have Usmanov with his sponsership of Finch Farm and more then likely sponsership of the shirt. However it is only when we get to Bramley Moore were will we increase our commercial income significantly.
There is huge uncertainty about where this pandemic will leave the world and football will be no different.
It may well reinforce the dominance of the big clubs or destroy it.
Because we have never seen anything like this before it is impossible to know how long it will go on for and what the eventual outcome will be.

The big clubs have big sponsors, big gate receipts big commercial sales and of course huge income from exposure on television.

Their income from gate receipts is gone for goodness knows how long, their commercial income will be decimated as well I expect and the sponsorship and television money is what they are fighting to preserve at present.

This is true for every club in every division in every league in the world but I would guess that very few clubs in the world are losing up to 9 million per week as it is suggested that some of the biggest clubs are doing.

I would guess that at Everton we could be losing somewhere between 5 and 6 million but I think that losses for all clubs will not be crystalised until the television deals are agreed and paid.

I would guess the biggest clubs have the greatest resources but they also carry the greatest losses and empty grounds until 2021 may completely change the face of football.

The example I would give is our own club.
If Bill Kenwright were still owner and when he was I believed he ran a very tight financial ship, but if has still owner today without a huge personal fortune I could see our club being in danger of folding... we don't know just how solid we actually are as a lot of our hopes are based on a man who has no ownership of our club.

Yes all very good points. I think we will probably see a bottoming out for 12 months then growth again. It makes sense to sign prospects at this point in that they will be able to ride out this drop and grow again. However I can see sense, in certain positions in signing a player who can just do the job you require him to do. I don't think a starting 11 can have 11 projects. You need to have 2 or 3 and the rest as consistent as possible.

GK: Pickford / Lossl / Virginia
RB : Emerson / Kenny
RCB: Todibo / Mina
LCB: Gabriel / Holgate
LB: Digne / Baines
RM: Walcott / Ihattaren
CM: Tonali / Gbamin
CM: Gomes / Davies / Delph
LM: Iwobi / Bernard
CF: Richarlison / Kean
CF: DCL / Gordon

24 players
Tonali / Emerson / Todibo / Gabriel / Ihattaren

How much would they all cost?

Then sell the rest...

There is huge uncertainty about where this pandemic will leave the world and football will be no different.
It may well reinforce the dominance of the big clubs or destroy it.
Because we have never seen anything like this before it is impossible to know how long it will go on for and what the eventual outcome will be.

The big clubs have big sponsors, big gate receipts big commercial sales and of course huge income from exposure on television.

Their income from gate receipts is gone for goodness knows how long, their commercial income will be decimated as well I expect and the sponsorship and television money is what they are fighting to preserve at present.

This is true for every club in every division in every league in the world but I would guess that very few clubs in the world are losing up to 9 million per week as it is suggested that some of the biggest clubs are doing.

I would guess that at Everton we could be losing somewhere between 5 and 6 million but I think that losses for all clubs will not be crystalised until the television deals are agreed and paid.

I would guess the biggest clubs have the greatest resources but they also carry the greatest losses and empty grounds until 2021 may completely change the face of football.

The example I would give is our own club.
If Bill Kenwright were still owner and when he was I believed he ran a very tight financial ship, but if has still owner today without a huge personal fortune I could see our club being in danger of folding... we don't know just how solid we actually are as a lot of our hopes are based on a man who has no ownership of our club.

Moshiri is worth billions. USM are making a fortune at the moment with tech investments...

We wont have any problems at all, quite the opposite.

Stek 30k
Garbutt 25k
Martina 30k
Baines 40k
Niasse 60k

Its the likes of

Tosun 60k
Bolaise 70k
Snides 120k
Sandro 105k
Besic 40k
Iceland 120k

Of course we could add others, but the above players could all probably leave the squad and wouldnt need replacing.

In 2 summers literally all the unwanted players from the previoua regime will have gone.

GK: Pickford / Lossl / Virginia
RB : Emerson / Kenny
RCB: Todibo / Mina
LCB: Gabriel / Holgate
LB: Digne / Baines
RM: Walcott / Ihattaren
CM: Tonali / Gbamin
CM: Gomes / Davies / Delph
LM: Iwobi / Bernard
CF: Richarlison / Kean
CF: DCL / Gordon

24 players
Tonali / Emerson / Todibo / Gabriel / Ihattaren

How much would they all cost?

Then sell the rest...
100m for that minimum.

We need to get ahead of the consensus on someone. Tonali could have been had last summer for half the price. That's the guy we should be going for.

Have you seen anyone as of yet move for half price?
And even if they were then wouldn't we logically have half the money to spend anyway?

I feel like people are missing the part where we won't come through a financial crisis within the game unscathed.

Sorry to reign on everybodys parade and fantasy signings.
Don't think this is me being a pedant Verbal but I feel I should correct you incase you use this formally and look like an idiot.
Whenever the Gob5hites get their open top bus out I'm sure you, like me hopes it Pi55es down, ergo "Raining on their parade."

Stek 30k
Garbutt 25k
Martina 30k
Baines 40k
Niasse 60k

Its the likes of

Tosun 60k
Bolaise 70k
Snides 120k
Sandro 105k
Besic 40k
Iceland 120k

Agreed, but the accumulated amount of those out of contract this summer is 145k (I haven't included Baines because I think we will keep him). 145k as a wage would attract a top, top player.

Again, I agree that we need to get rid of the players you mention, and some will be harder to get rid of than others. But I do think that we will say goodbye to Besic, Sandro and Bolasie this summer. I'm hoping Schneiderlin would be added to that list as well. That's a lot of money saved, or money that could be put to a new, far better, player.

Hopefully Tosun will be loaned out as well. I think we will be stuck with Sigurdsson for at least another year.

Stek 30k
Garbutt 25k
Martina 30k
Baines 40k
Niasse 60k

Its the likes of

Tosun 60k
Bolaise 70k
Snides 120k
Sandro 105k
Besic 40k
Iceland 120k

Any idea how much Delph is on?

Status
Not open for further replies.