New Everton Stadium Discussion

View from the north that people using Sandhills will get....

Attachments

• IMG_20200508_121920 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200508_121920 (2).jpg
    1,011.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20200508_122129~2 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200508_122129~2 (2).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 144
1) In all honesty, I don't think your owners/investors care about building something iconic, they just care about earning money on their investment whether iconic or not (just like our owners.)

2) A minor point but do you really believe that included in their stadium income, they did not plan to raise prices for the general match day supporters to help pay for it?

Naming rights. Let's be honest here, if your hidden backer isn't able (like he did did your training ground,) to invest in a very dodgy sponsorship deal, the amount a real company would invest is not gonna be a big game changer (as Levy has found out.)

After being on here a few years and reading all the stuff about Usmanov and he's (dodgy) money, a lot of hopes do seem to depend on him continuing or the hope that FFP will be changed in your favour?

Please realise all, I'm putting a point of view across/ask a question that a non Evertonian may ask.
The real money to be made is in the development of the docks
Thats where I reckon our owners will get their return and by building the stadium they have ingratiated themselves to the council and to Peel

So construction work is now being told to get back up and running. Hopefully, providing we still have the funding, the schedule shouldn’t be affected.
To be honest the construction industry never really stopped. Where they did pause it was only for a week or two before they began quietly returning.
The main problem for us and many others in the trade was the suppliers did indeed stop and are still in many cases using couriers rather than their own wagons which is making the logistics slow and expensive. Hopefully this will now be resolved over the next week or so.
However the new safe working rules will affect any build including, no doubt, our stadium. The new working practices are being strictly enforced (indeed our sites have been visited by the police to ensure compliance) and with restrictions on the amount of people who can work in one space for instance, there will be a significant effect on completion dates throughout the industry.

Last edited:
To be honest the construction industry never really stopped. Where they did pause it was only for a week or two before they began quietly returning.
The main problem for us and many others in the trade was the suppliers did indeed stop and are still in many cases using couriers rather than their own wagons which is making the logistics slow and expensive. Hopefully this will now be resolved over the next week or so.
However the new safe working rules will affect any build including, no doubt, our stadium. The new working practices are being strictly enforced (indeed our sites have been visited by the police to ensure compliance) and with restrictions on the amount of people who can work in one space for instance, there will be a significant effect on completion dates throughout the industry.
Interesting to read that, as I passed a local housing site last week and whilst those on site seemed to be distancing quite well, the workers in the storage areas and site compounds were not, nor were they wearing face masks, perhaps understandably.

Go into any supermarket and you’ll see the staff aren’t social distancing either
Just an observation. You would expect that the construction industry is better placed to maintain effective distancing, given the size, scale and volume of materials and components, as well as existing health and safety procedures. I can't see it causing any significant delays to the stadium timetable, I'm just itching for the planning consent to kick-start the whole thing.

Weird. Every single one, every single shop, that I have been to are all doing it.
I was in Tesco yesterday in Liverpool four staff were all standing talking to each other and last night both girls in bargain booze alongside each other , the electrical wholesalers I go in has had three behind the counter right through the situation wearing gloves but impossible to distance .

I was in Tesco yesterday in Liverpool four staff were all standing talking to each other and last night both girls in bargain booze alongside each other , the electrical wholesalers I go in has had three behind the counter right through the situation wearing gloves but impossible to distance .

Hannover street? A lot of people shopping arent following the rules in their either, went to another shop further out and everyone was keeping a good distance.

Big fan of the birds in there though.