New Everton Stadium Discussion

I live near Toronto. Sidewalk Labs, a Google company, have just cancelled a more than1 billion dollar waterfront project here because of "unprecedented economic uncertainty". This is one of the richest companies in the world. I hope this isn't a trend that may effect our hopes for BMD.

I live near Toronto. Sidewalk Labs, a Google company, have just cancelled a more than1 billion dollar waterfront project here because of "unprecedented economic uncertainty". This is one of the richest companies in the world. I hope this isn't a trend that may effect our hopes for BMD.

Getting planning permission is the big deal, imo. The project could be delayed significantly, but getting the permission means we can just wait for more favourable market conditions.

Worrying that. You'd assume that a company like Google has its ear to the ground and connections who'd tell them to pull out due to an oncoming crash, or worse.

More to it than just the economy though - faced massive pushback from the local community about invasion of privacy etc - they just didn’t want it there.

Using the current situation as the reason is a convenient story for them, and whilst it is of course part of the decision, it is by no means the only part of it

Sidewalk labs had bigger problems than the economic downturn in all honesty. It had become a pariah in the smart city race, nearly every process it was going through was ridiculed. They seem to have found an excuse to stop.

Well done, another "Like" for the lying small little "man."
Hope your self confidence is continuing to grow my good friend.

You claimed I was essentially mocking you for being what I assume is financial difficulty (when what I was saying was this stadium / project will be a huge boost to the local economy and you somehow putting a negative spin)

You're essentially a manipulative parasite twisting my words trying to get empathy and weaponising something maybe myself and others on this forum are going through at the moment, when your original spat at me was because I voiced my opinion on what I didn't like about Spurs new stadium, so don't say I'm on here for likes when you joined this forum looking for self grafitication over a football stadium.

You claimed I was essentially mocking you for being what I assume is financial difficulty (when what I was saying was this stadium / project will be a huge boost to the local economy and you somehow putting a negative spin)

You're essentially a manipulative parasite twisting my words trying to get empathy and weaponising something maybe myself and others on this forum are going through at the moment, when your original spat at me was because I voiced my opinion on what I didn't like about Spurs new stadium, so don't say I'm on here for likes when you joined this forum looking for self grafitication over a football stadium.

As if I care want you think about the Spurs stadium and as for me
"Trying to get empathy?" LOL.
You do continue to stalk me with your lies you sad little "man," but don't worry, to yet again try and help boost your self confidence just that little more, yet again I've given you another "Like."

Everyone will have noticed, you continue to be a real weirdo and that you ontinue to stalk me so let's see how long it is before you start stalking me again?
Tell you what, instead of stalking me, let's stop this bore fest and if you want to continue, send me a private message and we can then sort out your problem privately.

Last edited:
I have a dream, of trophies won
Of all the things we have to come
Watching from my new seat, down at BMD
Sitting in a real ground, not a red travesty

I believe in Carlo, bringing football we will all adore
Watching winning football, from my new seat down at Bramley Moore
Oh what a team, I have a dream

I have a dream, of times ahead
Of winning games v those in red
Talking of our trophies, paraded through the town
Laughing at the mutants, and the toothy clown

I believe in Carlo, European finals one by one
Mocking all the pundits, who declared these days would never come

I have a dream, of brighter days
Of whopper homes, and boss aways
In every competition, sweeping up the lot
Every blue nose smiling, even here on GOT

I believe in Carlo, bringing back the glory days for us
Backed up by Moshiri, and his silent partner uncle Uz

Sidewalk labs had bigger problems than the economic downturn in all honesty. It had become a pariah in the smart city race, nearly every process it was going through was ridiculed. They seem to have found an excuse to stop.
There definitely was some opposition to this project. There always is though to a project of this size on a prime location.
I hope you are right. This economic situation does worry me though. You know, "Everton that".

Went down there today as part of my weekly exercise. Took a few photos which I'll post, more for the ones who aren't familiar with the area. Strangely for noth docks it was a sunny, warm and still day and no, you wouldn't notice a sewage farm was there.

Attachments

• IMG_20200508_121959.jpg
    IMG_20200508_121959.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 219