Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....it’s the lengths they go to if they have one that looks really special, but the majority will be treated very differently.

The Academy is a fine place for kids to play footy, but families need to treat it like a Sunday morning team and not pressure the kids because nearly all be will be discarded at some point. Enjoy learning, enjoy playing, make friends and see where the journey takes them.
It's amazing the competition the club face for these kids. Had a lad in work whose son Everton signed when he was 8. When he was 12 city wanted him. They would pay for him to stay in accommodation like a Man city hotel,. go to a private school. He was wondering whether to let him go to city as he had been at Everton since 8 and doing ok. City said if he came there in 2 months he would be going to a 3 week youth tournament in Japan. As it would be his first trip they would want my mate and his Mrs to come out there as well and all flights hotel and expenses would be paid for . Hard to refuse that!!

As it would be his first trip they would want my mate and his Mrs to come out there as well and all flights hotel and expenses would be paid for . Hard to refuse that!!

To be honest mate, every club does this. Maybe not the parents but that's really cause they don't want them there as it doesn't help the kids in anyway.

My son is a registered academy player for a local cat 1 club, he has been for about 5 years now. If you're registered for 1 of these clubs ie: City, United, Liverpool or us you're going to be going abroad at least 5 or 6 times a season minimum, all paid for.

My lad did 10 days preseason in Los Angeles in 2018 and he was only young then. He's literally played every major club in the world already from River Plate, to Barca, Juve, Bayern etc although Bayern have just shut their academy down to anyone under 12.

Last edited:

It's amazing the competition the club face for these kids. Had a lad in work whose son Everton signed when he was 8. When he was 12 city wanted him. They would pay for him to stay in accommodation like a Man city hotel,. go to a private school. He was wondering whether to let him go to city as he had been at Everton since 8 and doing ok. City said if he came there in 2 months he would be going to a 3 week youth tournament in Japan. As it would be his first trip they would want my mate and his Mrs to come out there as well and all flights hotel and expenses would be paid for . Hard to refuse that!!
I remember city taking a kid off us a few years ago. Think his surname was Corrigan? It’s must be 4/5yrs ago he’s probably 18/19 now. And haven’t heard of him since.

To be honest mate, every club does this. Maybe not the parents but that's really cause they don't want them there as it doesn't help the kids in anyway.

My son is a registered academy player for a local cat 1 club, he has been for about 5 years now. If you're registered for 1 of these clubs ie: City, United, Liverpool or us you're going to be going abroad at least 5 or 6 times a season minimum, all paid for.

My lad did 10 days preseason in Los Angeles in 2018 and he was only young then. He's literally played every major club in the world already from River Plate, to Barca, Juve, Bayern etc although Bayern have just shut their academy down to anyone under 12.
Sorry I was not having a go at anyone. I was trying to say that the teams are all in competition with each other for what is a very limited pool of young players City academy got banned from signing youth players as did Liverpool. Think I'm right in saying our acadamy got a ban too. I'm not blaming any parents or kids going to what team that consider is right for them

I remember city taking a kid off us a few years ago. Think his surname was Corrigan? It’s must be 4/5yrs ago he’s probably 18/19 now. And haven’t heard of him since.
That's part of the problem. Kids who look world beaters when they are 10ish can look ordinary when the others get start getting physically stronger in their teens But if yr kid is at an academy it takes massive dedication not just from the lad but also from the parents

That's part of the problem. Kids who look world beaters when they are 10ish can look ordinary when the others get start getting physically stronger in their teens But if yr kid is at an academy it takes massive dedication not just from the lad but also from the parents

...also, where you’re born within school years can be a factor. Youngsters with September birthdays can be almost 12 months older than some in the same year at school. It’s a big advantage in those formative years.

It is one of our best selling points.
Holgate,Lookman and DCL both arrived as young lads and were fighting for first team places within months. Gibson is another who seems to be fasttracked.
Kenny , Davies and Gordon came through the academy and all are involved in first team football this/last season
Lampard has built up a team with quite a few young lads in it

Status
Not open for further replies.