Old Everton Pictures

Should have. Remember around 73? Sagging school to go to a night match at Luton. Derby had finished their games and were top of the league. Think we had 2 games left and if we won them we could overtake them. We absolutely battered luton. Gary Jones missed sitter after sitter. We lost 2-1 and with that the title. It was the year Carlisle beat us twice. Gary never recovered from.thst game
I was furious after that Luton game. Didn't talk to anyone for days.

I was furious after that Luton game. Didn't talk to anyone for days.
I know yet. Travelling back on the coach we all new we had blown it big time. The games against Carlisle were unbelievable. 2-0 at goodison they won 3-2. We took thousands and completely swamped there ground and went down 3-0. I think I'm right that they finished bottom of the league. We would have it if we had had those 6 points

1588711719193.png

View attachment 85715
View attachment 85716

This is a team photo of the Everton Youth cup winning team of 1965. A team member, an Australian, Dennis Yaager has displayed the medal.

....I distinctly remember watching that side as a 7 year old. I have a view that FA Youth Cup winning teams usually produce a real top player. Jimmy Husband was certainly my favourite when I watched them. John Hurst was striker but turned out to be some player. I think Geoff Barnett played in an FA Cup Final for Arsenal.