Angry Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do u remember the time alex Ferguson was that scared we would wind rooney up at Goodison he benched him

Prime rooney, prime Rooney benched cos of the arl arses at Goodison lol

Just found his quote

"It is always a nightmare going there and it wouldn't matter whether it was Dixie Dean playing for us. It is a hard place to go to. The atmosphere is fantastic.
yeah I remember that, I remember being baffled by him being benched, makes sense when you say what AF said

Do u remember the time alex Ferguson was that scared we would wind rooney up at Goodison he benched him

Prime rooney, prime Rooney benched cos of the arl arses at Goodison lol

Just found his quote

"It is always a nightmare going there and it wouldn't matter whether it was Dixie Dean playing for us. It is a hard place to go to. The atmosphere is fantastic.

That was the 3-3 draw in 2010 when we scored twice in injury time to get a draw just after stuff about Rooney's private left made the papers. He wasn't even benched, he was completely left out the squad.

...Awesome when we direct it at the opposition, but it's almost like we need a lightening rod of sorts to collectively direct it at.

Unfortunately it often ends up being Osman, Barkley, or A.N. other in blue.
Duncan seemed to manage it Vs Chelsea
Give us something to get behind and there's nothing better.

True Anger was Vs Leeds in 1964.
Truth is, we, as an on field 11, fell for their snidey tactics...got sucked in good style

The off field Anger...and it was at 95% potential riot levels, was at the injustice of it all, due to the Ref not having a clue ( not really his fault) how to handle or punish such blatant open shight-housery.

Against Spurs - Good Friday 04. Just electric, those daft southern shandies never stood a chance :D

Anyone remember us beating Blackburn 1-0 after having a man sent off early - mid 2000’s. We must have had about 3/4 goals disallowed as well. Convinced the crowd won it that day - fume grew at the ref’s incompetence grew with every decision. felt like we wouldn’t let ourselves be beat that day

Anyone remember us beating Blackburn 1-0 after having a man sent off early - mid 2000’s. We must have had about 3/4 goals disallowed as well. Convinced the crowd won it that day - fume grew at the ref’s incompetence grew with every decision. felt like we wouldn’t let ourselves be beat that day
I was going to mention this game, think it was Turner the goalkeeper who got sent off in first few minutes. Ruddy came on or it may be other way around ! But yeah I agree the crowd levels of anger was so intense and got us through that game. Also the Oldham cup game mentioned earlier, up there with the worst and most shambolic refereeing performances I've ever seen. Tony Ward was his name, incompetent isn't the word.

It is brilliant when it is at its best. I always think that we would be great at doing the whole continuous booing, whistling and disparaging of the opposition whenever they are in possession, at least for the big games.

The RS didn’t invent it, it’s been happening in Europe for years. I do think it’s very effective though, and that it affects even the very best of players, and considering that we are the best boo-ers in the Universe, we really should add it to our arsenal.

Duncan seemed to manage it Vs Chelsea
Give us something to get behind and there's nothing better.

True Anger was Vs Leeds in 1964.
Truth is, we, as an on field 11, fell for their snidey tactics...got sucked in good style

The off field Anger...and it was at 95% potential riot levels, was at the injustice of it all, due to the Ref not having a clue ( not really his fault) how to handle or punish such blatant open shight-housery.
Loved your hyphenated term. Hope it gets into the new O.E.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.