2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with you and young footballers' clothes?

How should he dress and how many goals does he need until he can dress how he likes?

Because where I come from how you dress tells alot about the person.

If you see a bloke wearing an Armani suit, rolex on the wrist and keys to the jag in his backpocket you know that bloke has been successful in what he does - however if said person was up to their eyeballs in debt and credit cards to pay for that fine suit then as far as im concerned they are a fraud putting on an act.

Too many young players in modern day football think they've made it and start dressing/acting like clowns.

If Cristiano Ronaldo or Floyd Mayweather wishes to dress like Tom Davies then fair play they've earned the right over their careers - but if a kid who's had 3 good months in his whole career does I have to question that.

Too much too soon - get back to the days of them scrubbing the senior players boots and jockstraps.

Because where I come from how you dress tells alot about the person.

If you see a bloke wearing an Armani suit, rolex on the wrist and keys to the jag in his backpocket you know that bloke has been successful in what he does - however if said person was up to their eyeballs in debt and credit cards to pay for that fine suit then as far as im concerned they are a fraud putting on an act.

Too many young players in modern day football think they've made it and start dressing/acting like clowns.

If Cristiano Ronaldo or Floyd Mayweather wishes to dress like Tom Davies then fair play they've earned the right over their careers - but if a kid who's had 3 good months in his whole career does I have to question that.

Too much too soon - get back to the days of them scrubbing the senior players boots and jockstraps.
Mate, you are one judgemental beaut. What the hell has it got to do with you. Makes you come over as sour and small minded. Many may think you dress / look like a clown, ( you certainly sound like one at times) but it would still be none of their business. Relax, stop winding yourself up and keep sane and safe mate x

Where I come from, you dress how you want, regardless of your success. 2007 I was decked out in clothes from Sean John that Christmas and beyond when I was working for a bingo because the dollar value was double the pound at the time when I’d bought them in New York

Mate, you are one judgemental beaut. What the hell has it got to do with you. Makes you come over as sour and small minded. Many may think you dress / look like a clown, ( you certainly sound like one at times) but it would still be none of their business. Relax, stop winding yourself up and keep sane and safe mate x

Its that attitude that see's Jesse Lingard dance around like a moron whilst getting paid 100k a week mate.

Tom Davies is sadly a lost cause - he's thrown his football career away at the top flight to pursue his interest in fancy dress - I wish the lad all the best but imo he's wasting his footballing talent.

Same as tons of young footballers who put style over substance because they think they've made it earning too much too soon. Now if DCL wants to do the same fair enough but if he hopes to kick on then he needs to stick to the training ground and keep out of forever 21 with Tom.

Its that attitude that see's Jesse Lingard dance around like a moron whilst getting paid 100k a week mate.

Tom Davies is sadly a lost cause - he's thrown his football career away at the top flight to pursue his interest in fancy dress - I wish the lad all the best but imo he's wasting his footballing talent.

Same as tons of young footballers who put style over substance because they think they've made it earning too much too soon. Now if DCL wants to do the same fair enough but if he hopes to kick on then he needs to stick to the training ground and keep out of forever 21 with Tom.

It’s a really weird obsession with you mate, bordering unhinged

Buying clothes and going the barbers are entirely normal things. Weird how some people think spending any part of the day not on a training pitch is somehow arrogant or misguided. There's not a coach or manager in the world who want's their players training all day, every day.

Maybe these young footballers should be in the boozer or the bookies for 10 hours a day like proper footballers of days gone by? Just so long as they stick to buying their clothes in Asda and have a short back and sides.

For what it's worth I think Davies and DCL both dress pretty cool. I couldn't pull it off but whatever. No reason to be jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.