2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arent shopping in the big boys market, we have yet to sign any tier 1 players since the Premier League was formed.

£50 million+ signings is the big leagues - very few clubs in world football outside of 8 or 9 clubs in England and a few elite in europe can make those kinds of deals.

His work enviroment at PSV is a mile apart to the money he is working with here - that was and still is my concern tbh.

£50 million+ signings is the big leagues - very few clubs in world football outside of 8 or 9 clubs in England and a few elite in europe can make those kinds of deals.

His work enviroment at PSV is a miles apart to the money he is working with here - that was and still is my concern tbh.

We have never made a 50m+ signing.

You have us in a tier 1 market, we arent a tier 1 club, we are tier 2 and we make tier 2 signings.

He would never have been able to sign a single player for PSV that hes signed here.

A sense of reality is needed I feel.

I will concede that last summer hasnt really worked out for us as a club, for various reasons.

Lossl - never played, will probably be sold at a profit
Gomes - Lambo
Delph - To many injuries
Kean - Not played much, looked good at times, blotted his copybook with his antics
Iwobi - Horrific player so far
Gmblammo - Leg fell off mate

But I still feel these players improved the squad overall.

You have us in a tier 1 market, we arent a tier 1 club, we are tier 2 and we make tier 2 signings.

He would never have been able to sign a single player for PSV that hes signed here.

Which is my concern mate - he's been thrown into a completely new market and so far he hasn't impressed.

Moyes was the same at us he seemed to know the market for bargains well but give him the money to shop higher every now and again and he would often sign duds.

For me we should have gone for a DOF who had more experience of the kind of market we are operating in - someone smart from a Dortmund/Leipzig/Sevilla hipster type club who's DOF's seem to be able to pick up both bargains but also have proven track records in multi million pound deals.

Which is my concern mate - he's been thrown into a completely new market and so far he hasn't impressed.

Moyes was the same at us he seemed to know the market for bargains well but give him the money to shop higher every now and again and he would often sign duds.

For me we should have gone for a DOF who had more experience of the kind of market we are operating in - someone smart from a Dortmund/Leipzig/Sevilla hipster type club who's DOF's seem to be able to pick up both bargains but also have proven track records in multi million pound deals.

Linked with all the DoFs from those clubs at 1 point, all of them jogged us on.

I will concede that last summer hasnt really worked out for us as a club, for various reasons.

Lossl - never played, will probably be sold at a profit
Gomes - Lambo
Delph - To many injuries
Kean - Not played much, looked good at times, blotted his copybook with his antics
Iwobi - Horrific player so far
Gmblammo - Leg fell off mate

But I still feel these players improved the squad overall.

Interesting??? Per PL stats best player for forward passes etc none of this play safe back passing or 6 yard across pitch pass. Would rather have him than Siigy or Schnieds.

I agree with you.
We have never signed a player that was ready then to play in a top four team. We signed plenty that went onto be top players as they developed.

I do believe that it was the plan to make such a signing this window... a signature signing that had people thinking that player was too good for us... similar to the appointment of CA as manager.
I think that James may well have been that high profile player but the lockdown in football may have stopped that or it may have helped that because as with everything to do with this pandemic it is all first time around.

I hope he comes good but at the end of the day we’re 12th, 3/4 of a season through. He’s now had four windows and must be responsible for 8/9 even 10 supposed first teamers. Let’s take gbamin out but the state of the team will tell you how good the transfers have been.
last match only 5 players he signed started

Interesting??? Per PL stats best player for forward passes etc none of this play safe back passing or 6 yard across pitch pass. Would rather have him than Siigy or Schnieds.
When you have to pull out stats like forward passes and some of the other weird ones people were digging out over important ones like goals/assists/crosses completed etc. then you probably haven’t got a good player on your hands. The fact is none of those players mentioned are good enough and we absolutely have to do better because no iteration of them in midfield has worked in the slightest.

Why’s that horrendous? He hasn’t signed a player for every position yet.
I didn't say it was horrendous? I said it was concerning, there's quite a big difference. You're right he hasn't signed a player for every position, but the players I was referring to were all left out in favour of players who were already here when he took over, so that's irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.